Mortal Kombat Comes out today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat Comes out today

Some other games too, but of the 30+ jammed into gamestop, only two people were there for the other games.

For the love of god, go get this game. Forget every MK game made after Trilogy, and get this one.

Story mode is actually very, very fun and well done. It re-spans over the first three mk games, and is done in a very, very entertaining way.

F
    sigpic

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
    Some other games too, but of the 30+ jammed into gamestop, only two people were there for the other games.

For the love of god, go get this game. Forget every MK game made after Trilogy, and get this one.

Story mode is actually very, very fun and well done. It re-spans over the first three mk games, and is done in a very, very entertaining way.

F
    Yeah but how fun is it to play a fighting game on the console with a regular ps3 controller?(I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually wondering)

Comment

i played the demo for a couple of mins. i guess i just dont care about mortal kombat anymore.

i think the reason why fighting games were good was b/c of going to the arcade, putting a quarter on the machine waiting your turn and trying to beat the asshole next to you, fail, repeat.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by kanetrain View Post
        Yeah but how fun is it to play a fighting game on the console with a regular ps3 controller?(I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually wondering)
        Considering I've been using a ps controller since Tekken 1/Battle Arena Toshinden/SF Alpha, it feels fine, It really goes well with MK's simple button system. If you need an arcade stick, but the edition that comes with one.

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        i played the demo for a couple of mins. i guess i just dont care about mortal kombat anymore.

i think the reason why fighting games were good was b/c of going to the arcade, putting a quarter on the machine waiting your turn and trying to beat the asshole next to you, fail, repeat.
        I plan to do a lot of that, but in the online mode. Fighting games on consoles really have a decent online system now.
        sigpic

Comment

Will i still have to hit 47 buttons to do a fatality or is it a lil easier now? The fatalities are a real big selling point for me, but sometimes they're rediculously overcomplicated to enter. Like I think it's harder to input those buttons than it would be to actually rip someones heart out, lol.
          Originally posted by Nash B.
          Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
            Will i still have to hit 47 buttons to do a fatality or is it a lil easier now? The fatalities are a real big selling point for me, but sometimes they're rediculously overcomplicated to enter. Like I think it's harder to input those buttons than it would be to actually rip someones heart out, lol.
            Sir, you're in luck, they have a Fatality PRACTICE mode.

and they're pretty easy. About the same as they were back in the day.

And holy shit, are they awesome/great. Not your generic dumb shit.
            sigpic

Comment

Cool I'll probably pick this up then, my GF really only likes fighting games and she was kinda excited about this so if it's good we'll have a good time playing together. Although I get mad when she wins because she's only a button masher!
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                I plan to do a lot of that, but in the online mode. Fighting games on consoles really have a decent online system now.
                i bought SF4 and the arcade stick when it came out. played online a fair amount.
                i kept getting my ass kicked by jerks from japan. it was fun until they released SUPER SF4 less than a year later. fuck heads.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                  i bought SF4 and the arcade stick when it came out. played online a fair amount.
                  i kept getting my ass kicked by jerks from japan. it was fun until they released SUPER SF4 less than a year later. fuck heads.
                  Luckily asian kids aren't big MK fans. No Capcom/Namco/SNK, they aren't as interested.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dammit, can't find Tournament Edition Anywhere.... I want that arcade stick.

Comment

I have never had any interest in fighting games...

Comment

Getting good reviews all around. And damn, around 5 hours of story mode, in a fighting game. Jesus.

IGN 8 / 10
                        1UP A-
                        GameSpy 4 / 5
                        Cheat Code Central 4.5 / 5
                        Gametrailers 9.4 / 10
                        NZGamer 8.9 / 10
                        Game Informer 9.5 / 10
                        GamePro 4.5 / 5

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                        I have never had any interest in fighting games...
                        Want a cookie?
                        sigpic

Comment

What does Kratos have to do in this game?? BTW, this game looks pretty legit!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2k4Terminator View Post
                            What does Kratos have to do in this game?? BTW, this game looks pretty legit!
                            Just a bonus character for ps3.
                            sigpic

Comment

Played online finally. Played really smooth with some friends from Austin.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X