Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new/exciting android tablets coming out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new/exciting android tablets coming out?

I'm looking for one, and I haven't been up on the tablet market lately. What's new and cool, or coming out in the next few weeks I might look into?

And no I'm not interested in an ipad.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes out this week - but everything I'm looking at says that the ASUS Transformer is the best Android tab out there right now. I should have bought one last night - it was $399 on Amazon, today it's $449.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 comes out this week - but everything I'm looking at says that the ASUS Transformer is the best Android tab out there right now. I should have bought one last night - it was $399 on Amazon, today it's $449.
      The asus eepad and transformer are the ones I'm most interested in. Figured ill check them out at bestbuy tomorrow.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

x3 on the Asus stuff.
        07 TBSS AWD (CAI, Exhaust, Tuned by GSS Speed Shop)
        90 Mustang LX 5.0 -- Sold

Comment

Does anyone know where I could find demo of one of the Asus Transformers? No bestbuy or frys has one....

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
            Does anyone know where I could find demo of one of the Asus Transformers? No bestbuy or frys has one....
            Bestbuy showed them available online this AM, then they were back to out of stock this PM when I was at the Bestbuy in Midland(had a call out there, not a special trip for one of these - lol). The girl at the store, who immediately proclaimed to have Apple-blinders on, said on the popular items(e.g. ipad2) they don't know they are getting them until they are unloaded from the truck.

Then she tried to sell me an ipad2... then a HTC Flyer - which is only slightly bigger than my hand.

Comment

Bestbuy showed them available online this AM, then they were back to out of stock this PM when I was at the Bestbuy in Midland(had a call out there, not a special trip for one of these - lol). The girl at the store, who immediately proclaimed to have Apple-blinders on, said on the popular items(e.g. ipad2) they don't know they are getting them until they are unloaded from the truck.

Then she tried to sell me an ipad2... then a HTC Flyer - which is only slightly bigger than my hand.
              The ipad2 looks like it is built sooooo much better than the others. right after picking all of them up, I went to apple's website and bought an Ipad2.

Can't wait to get it.

I want to like the others, but they all felt so cheap.

(Keep in mind I don't have any computer programming experience, or any real need besides Netflix and other related apps.)
              Last edited by sc281; 06-18-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

I got my ASUS earlier this week. To me it feels more stout than an ipad2 and the Xoom. I'm lovin it so far. Many Stupid Zombies have been killed during the last 4 days.

Comment

I got my Asus Tablet last Wednesday, sadly I had to return it due to a defective volume rocker Now I am waiting for a replacement due the 23rd... everything else was great while I had it...

Comment

This thread reminded me that the samsung galaxy 10.1 just came out, so I went to BB real quick to look at it.

Well, I just cancelled my ipad order and am a proud owner of a galaxy tab 10.1.

The finish is just as good as the ipad2, but has much more goodies. I'm pretty pleased.

Comment

I got my ASUS earlier this week. To me it feels more stout than an ipad2 and the Xoom. I'm lovin it so far. Many Stupid Zombies have been killed during the last 4 days.
                      what game?

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        what game?
                        Stupid Zombies...lulz

Comment

I recently bought a ViewSonic GTablet. IT came up on woot for less than 300 dollars, and with a dual core processor and half a gig of ram, seemed like a decent price. It's rooted, but I'm having trouble getting a custom ROM flashed to it. It's pretty speedy when you're not in the stock UI interface, from videos I've seen, so I just need to get this thing flashed with a custom ROM and it will be pretty good. The only complaint I have with it (as does most everybody else who has one) is the screen viewing angle. It's pretty narrow to get the full color scale and with no distortion.

Comment

Ended up getting the Asus Transformer.

Comment

i think the asus is the best performer per dollar out right now.
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                              X