connection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connection issue

I have just recently had a connection issue arise. What is happening is that my internet connection will start getting slow, then totally stop. Resetting the power on the modem (cable) will allow the connection to work again, then the whole process will restart, usually within about 45-90 minutes. I have replaced the cable modem, but the issue still remains. It only started doing this within the last couple of days. Any pointers as to where I should look first?

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

TWC? Tell em to come out and fix their shit.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

wireless, hardwired, dhcp, or static ip's?

Comment

Hardwired and DHCP enabled.

Stevo
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Sounds like a provider problem, almost like something is sensing your connection speed, then throttling it down. I'm assuming you've called the ISP to complain?

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            TWC? Tell em to come out and fix their shit.
            Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Sounds like a provider problem, almost like something is sensing your connection speed, then throttling it down. I'm assuming you've called the ISP to complain?

This is where it is at now, just got off the phone with them, and will be waiting for another call from a local tech, or how ever they do it. The connection speed package we are using is supposed to be 12-.256, but the most it is now is 5-.20 and is around 1.5-.15 around half of the time tested. In fact, was just running a speednet test when the connection dropped in the middle of it.

Stevo

Comment

Tech is here, basically said it was something in my house at first until he connected his own laptop to the drop-leg outside and the problem was still there. He scampered up the pole by the street a few minutes ago, changed something, and it still is slow.

SO, he says he'll submit it to his supervisor, and if we don't hear anything from them in the next two weeks, to call them back.

Stevo

Comment

Ahhh the beauty of the ISP tech support experience. You need to call and bitch until you get high enough up the chain that they can actually do something, otherwise nothing will ever get done. Trust me, I worked for Verizon tech support :P

Comment

Different guy showed up yesterday, had no clue that one was here Tuesday. He did absolutely nothing other than run the same tests and ask the same questions that the other guy did.

Had yet another one show up today, he ended up running a new drop leg, no change. Ran a new cable inside (which I told him was a waste of time), no change. Finally, he ran up the street, did something on the main junction, came back, and the speed/disconnect issue was fixed.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                  X