No announcement yet.

I'm infatuated with the late 60's / early 70's 200 series Benz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been looking for a dual headlight 300td wagon for some time now. I want a nice car and those are few and far between. I stopped a 90 year old white lady in Pleasant Grove last month and tried to buy her car. It had 19,000 original miles on it and looked new. Offered her $15,000 for it. She turned it down quick. I gave her my card and told her the offer was good at any time.
    Last edited by Sam88gta1; 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
      I have been looking for a dual headlight 300td wagon for some time now. I want a nice car and those are few and far between. I stopped a 90 year old white lady in Pleasant Grove last month and tried to buy her car. It had 19,000 original miles on it and looked new. Offered her $15,000 for it. She turned it down quick. I gave her my card and told her the offer was good at any time.
      like a late 70's?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
        like a late 70's?
        Yes. I like the 72-73 styling but they don't have a 300td for that year. I suppose a 5.3 swap wouldn't be a bad option.
        My brother has a 73 280 se now. He sold the bare metal car a while back.

Comment

• Saw this thread in Mexico, then the next day I see this bad bitch sitting outside a bar we were at.
          It had little fins and was KILLER. Hadn't seen a benz with fins, not even in this thread.
          Sorry for the night pic

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• fuuuuuuuck

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• that's cool.

they are early 60's with the fins.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Did you ever pick up that Black one that was posted? I might have to look into it... its pretty slick

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post
                  Did you ever pick up that Black one that was posted? I might have to look into it... its pretty slick
                  go grab it, if you want it. Its not what I want, and I dont feel like settling at the moment. Plus I have some cash tied up for the meantime, so I wont be doing anything really quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    go grab it, if you want it. Its not what I want, and I dont feel like settling at the moment. Plus I have some cash tied up for the meantime, so I wont be doing anything really quick.
                    And now i saw the pic of the wagon...........might have to wait even more now

Comment

• haha i "fixed" a broken trunk on an orange one with fins on it. guy drove it from plano to 35 & royal and i walked out there and pulled it open with my bare hands. there was a big cardboard box that was pushing up against the bottom of the trunklid causing the lid to not open without some force. the old man driving the car walked in as i was walking out to his car so as he was telling my uncle about the trunk i already had it open. lol no charge since he was a long time customer

Comment

• If I was in the market for one of these, it would be fins or GTFO. Man they're killer.
                        On that same night in a nice part of mexico city I saw 3-4 of these, all super clean.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                          If I was in the market for one of these, it would be fins or GTFO. Man they're killer.
                          On that same night in a nice part of mexico city I saw 3-4 of these, all super clean.
                          Here's one. I'm not a fan, they made a ton of upgrades when they dropped the fins.

This guy has some cool cars.

Comment

• Bringing car buyers and enthusiasts automotive news coverage with high-res images and video from car shows and reveals around the world.

Greek taxi driver donates 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240 D to the Mercedes-Benz Museum Collection

Press Release

Greek taxi driver donates 1976 Mercedes-Benz 240 D to the Mercedes-Benz Museum Collection
                            Greek taxi driver Gregorios Sachinidis from Thessalonica handed over his 1976 Mercedes Benz 240 D to the Mercedes-Benz Museum Collection. Mr. Sachinidis is a multi-kilometer millionaire. Having covered all of 4.6 million kilometers, this "Stroke Eight" now becomes the Mercedes-Benz with the highest recorded mileage known to date.
                            The enormous distance covered by the world champion is testament to the proverbial longevity of Mercedes-Benz cars. In particular, Mercedes-Benz taxis have been permanent features of both German and international urban landscapes. In Germany, every second taxi is a Mercedes-Benz.
                            Mr. Sachinidis bought his car in Germany in 1981 with around 220,000 km on the clock, before driving it back to Thessalonica. Here it was in service as a taxi 24 hours a day until July 2004. During this time the owner was able to call upon the original engine and two spare units, deploying them on a rotational basis 11 times in total.
                            Mr. Sachinidis sent a letter to Prof. Jürgen Hubbert, Member of the Board of Management of DaimlerChrysler AG with responsibility for the Mercedes Car Group, thanking him for the excellent service Mercedes-Benz had afforded him over the years. Having received a visit from representatives of the Mercedes-Benz Museum Collection, Mr. Sachinidis decided to hand the car over to the Mercedes-Benz Museum.
                            Highlighting the reception the president of DaimlerChrysler Hellas, Dr. Alexander Paufler, presented Mr. Sachinidis with a key for a new C 200 CDI to be picked up upon his return to Greece.

Comment

• Comment

• Ive talked with that guy. He is an importer/exporter, and has a dealership in europe somewhere as well. He was interested in my Mustang, but I got the feeling he wasnt willing to give me what I would need to get out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X