Anyone use these primers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use these primers???

I have been using CCI and Remington primers, but I was looking at Graf's and they had some Sellier & Bellot, Magtech, and TulAmmo primers for fairly cheap. Just wondering if anyone has used those brands and if they worked for them.
    92 LX 5.0

I have gone through about 20k of Tula primers of various flavors and have had not a single one fail to date. I have been hopping to get some of their Berdan primers to try out but haven't gotten any of them yet.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Most all primers are the same. The only primers I have ran into that are difficult are Wolf primers, and it's not due to reliability, but due to burrs on the seat side of the primer cups, they tend to hang up in progressive presses, and they don't slide down primer tubes. I would not be surprised if Tula's had the same issues. That's the only issue I've ever noticed.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Most all primers are the same. The only primers I have ran into that are difficult are Wolf primers, and it's not due to reliability, but due to burrs on the seat side of the primer cups, they tend to hang up in progressive presses, and they don't slide down primer tubes. I would not be surprised if Tula's had the same issues. That's the only issue I've ever noticed.
        This, but as with any reloading component, when you change a component you need to do load work ups again. Difference in primers can result in up to a 10% variation in peak pressure...
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
        X