Anyway to install video drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to install video drivers?

Had a computer that got a virus that somehow managed to wipe out the drivers and catalyst control center for a 6850hd.

Downloaded the new driver from ati and its not installing anything besides some hdmi audio driver and the installer manager. No drivers or the actual catalyst control center.

Tried rebooting different versions i'm completely lost as to what else to try. I know the drivers are out of date/nonexistant since all the media players I try stutter really badly if the file is a mp4 and i'm getting 20fps doing furmark while normally i'd average 60ish.

Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) - Remove AMD/NVIDIA/INTEL Graphics Drivers Cleanly - DDU is a driver removal utility that helps you completely uninstall AMD/NVIDIA graphics card drivers and packages from your system, leaving no leftovers behind, including registry keys, folders, files, and driver store.

You're welcome.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      Just tried it uninstalled everything fine in safe mode. Loaded up AMD-Catalyst-15.7.1-With-DOTNet45-Win7-64bit that i got off online and it installed 3 things

hdmi audio driver
      ati report wizard
      amd catalyst install manager -- does the exact same install everytime of these 3 items.

So i'm totally lost this sounds like an excuse to buy a new videocard

Comment

Well, having a 6850 was a good reason to get a new video card already, but if $$ is a concern, I don't know if I'd just to that without addressing the OS more, or just troubleshooting in general. Any other compatible video card you can test out, or another system you can put the video card in to test?
        sigpic

Comment

You probably have the drivers already and only did a partial delete. It may just not accept the download because it thinks you have it already. Use DDU and do a clean wipe of all drivers. If that doesn't work and you don't want a new card, I'd do a clean install of windows.

Search DDU uninstaller. Its free and harmless. I use it before ever updating or deleting drivers.

Only sound advice I can give is to never buy AMD again.
          You can get a gtx 960 for 199.
          sigpic

Comment

Well I was planning to build a system at the end of this year so guess i'll just have to deal with crappy amd for now. can't get any of the applications to overclock it to work all of them say hardware not found that's compatible.

Comment

Working...
            X