• Time
  • Show
Clear All

display port is the new jam. 4k at 60 hz
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      I used to like Windows 7, until I got multiple monitors. The native multi-monitor support in Windows 7 is garbage.
      Crap, I forgot about this aspect. I run multi-mon or something like that...but it's still another app that has to start...etc.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
        Crap, I forgot about this aspect. I run multi-mon or something like that...but it's still another app that has to start...etc.
        Exactly. Something else to break. I didn't like Windows 8 or 8.1 at first, until I saw how well the native multi-monitor support worked, and fro then on it was just learning the new user interface, and I haven't been back. I will admit that for the first six months I used Classic Shell (adds the start menu back), but I got tired of updating it, increased boot times, and Windows Explorer hangs, so I stopped using it.

Once the compatibility issues and technical bugs get worked out of Windows 10 (which they've nearly got complete, at least on the compatibility side of things), the only people still bitching about it will be the ones that refuse to change will just be refusing to change because they refuse to learn the new interface or just to be difficult. It happens EVERY time a new version of Windows comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          Any particular reason you want to go HDMI instead of DVI? What model ACERs do you have?
          I used HDMI for hers, just to get video and sound, guess I was also thinking hdmi may have a better picture, but now that I think, it probably isn't any better quality than DVI

They are Model Number: G226HQL LED backlight.
          Mfg date is May 2015, so about a year old now. Decent monitor for 21.5 inchers.

Ended up with a Viewsonic 27 inch, DVI connection (has hdmi also). I am using it alone, adding a second monitor that is a 21.5 inch looks weird!

Anyone want two 21.5 in Acers??? make a reasonable offer! (dvi and vga connections on back of these)
          Last edited by yellowstang; 04-02-2016, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Well, got the new system in, Windows 10 is surprisingly OK. Still gotta get use to the differences, but so far, I'm liking it, and the monitor is pretty sweet, and big for what I've used!

Comment

WRX

Comment

I'm still displeased w/10. It's a clean install and has never been able to apply updates. I really don't care to mess w/it anymore nor troubleshoot it.

Comment

The updating got a lot better after the fist cumulative update. That sucks

I found out about the Superfetch service on windows 7/10 last night. It was causing problems when I was playing ARK (game).

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    The updating got a lot better after the fist cumulative update. That sucks

I found out about the Superfetch service on windows 7/10 last night. It was causing problems when I was playing ARK (game).
                    Was this on a SSD?

Comment

three ssd's in a raid 0.

Comment

So, this is the final countdown for the free upgrade, to end July 29th.

I'm still on the fence, being pretty happy with my Windows 7 64-bit, but wondering should I pull the trigger and get the last Windows version.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          So, this is the final countdown for the free upgrade, to end July 29th.

I'm still on the fence, being pretty happy with my Windows 7 64-bit, but wondering should I pull the trigger and get the last Windows version.
                          I like windows 10.

Comment

Windows 7 is 7 years old. Why would you not upgrade? Windows 10 is by far the best platform they have ever built.

Comment

Well, I tried and no love. Got to 40% installation, errored out, rebooted and restore back to Win 7 and this is the message:
                              Last edited by GhostTX; 03-21-2021, 08:25 PM.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                                Windows 7 is 7 years old. Why would you not upgrade? Windows 10 is by far the best platform they have ever built.
                                agreed, i'm running it on every Windows device I own. and have been in the early adopters program at Dell since they announced it.

10 FTW

Comment

Working...
                                X