Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building my first PC on a budget...need opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abecx View Post
    Even worse conditions, used my Raspberry Pi2 for this one. Works dandy.
    I need to look into that.. Pretty impressive running through that Pi2 and still that smooth.

Comment

I need a 3rd person over the shoulder camera to indeed confirm there's no wizardry.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
        Even worse conditions, used my Raspberry Pi2 for this one. Works dandy.
        I was digging around on your youtube channel. Do you use connected bulbs for the majority of your lighting controls or is it all switches? That shit is nifty!

Comment

I used phillips hue white lights everywhere, and GE BR30 lights for the track lights. I have a Hue bridge that they all use to access. My Amazon echo controls them, or the remotes or phones. I have the hue color lights in my office, they change colors and flash if something breaks at work.

My echo also controls the thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
            I need a 3rd person over the shoulder camera to indeed confirm there's no wizardry.

Comment

Anybody know when the new GPU's will get to their MSRP? Somebody told me they've been seeing 980Ti's at $250'ish...can't find that anywhere. The RX480 is very enticing. I've heard that if you overclock them though, they can cause some problems with the PCIe whatever that means. Basically I heard it draws a lot more wattage than it's supposed to, mostly when OC'd. It seems the GPU market is kinda crazy right now.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

GTX 1080 $650-$750
                GTX 1070 $450-$500
                GTX 1060 Rumored to be around $250-$300 when it launched. Meant to compete with the 480.

AMD's cards and prices. . . i have no idea, since I don't care for AMD. After years of their products, and always having problems or subpar performance, I don't follow them anymore.
                sigpic

Comment

GTX 1080 $650-$750
                  GTX 1070 $450-$500
                  GTX 1060 Rumored to be around $250-$300 when it launched. Meant to compete with the 480.

AMD's cards and prices. . . i have no idea, since I don't care for AMD. After years of their products, and always having problems or subpar performance, I don't follow them anymore.
                  Do you think I should wait for the 1060? My gaming will be on a 1080p TV. Or is there a graphics card that will run max settings at 1080p/60+ fps right now that's around $200?

Comment

For what you're wanting, i'd grab a 1060. Costs a little more than $200, but worth every penny when you factor in Nvidia reliability and the level of performance.

GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Time to reveal GTX 1060 pricing.. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060: 249 USD, 299 USD Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1060 will be available starting from July 19th.
                    sigpic

Comment

Like I said, I'll have 2 980 tis for both 650 shipped including air and water blocks.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                        Like I said, I'll have 2 980 tis for both 650 shipped including air and water blocks.
                        Haha! Dude, that actually sounds awesome, but a little more firepower than I'm looking for right now. GLWS!

Comment

For what you're wanting, i'd grab a 1060. Costs a little more than $200, but worth every penny when you factor in Nvidia reliability and the level of performance.

http://videocardz.com/61917/nvidia-g...st-249-299-usd
                          Cool beans.

Comment

So with the original build I posted it has the fx6300 recommended. Apparently it bottlenecks these new gpu's pretty bad. The mobo I have is for AM3+ chips. I looked into getting a 9590 instead but saw that it's on the verge of being outdated as well. Any recs? Obviously an i7 would be ideal, just don't wanna sink that much money into the build.

Comment

The chipset is the bottleneck. If you're needing ram bandwidth, go Intel nao or wait for the upcoming skt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                                The chipset is the bottleneck. If you're needing ram bandwidth, go Intel nao or wait for the upcoming skt.
                                I have no clue what that means. Haha! Retard terms?

Comment

Working...
                                X