Christmas Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Lights

Anyone in the Denton area hang Christmas lights that isn't a rip off? So far pricing around the neighborhood hasn't been less than $800 highest $1300.

I'm in Prosper. I'll see if our guy goes that way. I'm guessing you don't already have the lights???

Comment

My guy is $175 if you have your own lights or $1.50/ft if they supply the lights.

Comment

I'll do it for a case of beer.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
          Anyone in the Denton area hang Christmas lights that isn't a rip off? So far pricing around the neighborhood hasn't been less than $800 highest $1300.
          If you have a ladder and lights that work, I'll come help you put them up. If it's a two story or a really steep roof I reserve the right to just drive on by and not stop.

Comment

Who pays to have Christmas lights hung? Lazy bastards.
            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

800 to 1300? Holy shit. What a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                Me

But I don't have lights or anything. Was planning on buying some tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                  I'll do it for a case of beer.
                  You are in Irving right? I have a case and i will throw in a bottle after completion.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                    People with more money than time, just like those with a lawn service.

I've not yet paid to have the lights hung, but I definitely get why. The tree is ceremonial, the lights are just a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post

I've not yet paid to have the lights hung, but I definitely get why. The tree is ceremonial, the lights are just a PITA.
                      I dont have a ladder tall enough to get to my second story roof. I had a guy come out and make a solid single strand of lights a few years back, cost including the lights was $400 for install and come back to take down. He moved to the coast, so I havent put them up since.

I pay $60 a month for a lawn service. I cant figure out how to make it cost effective to have to dick with buying and upkeeping a mower, weedeater and edger for that.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Used to, this year I just bought some of those star shower things and put green and red bulbs in our landscaping flood lights. Fuck it. My son thinks it looks cool and gets more excited about the tree anyway.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                          This. between 6:30 am basketball practice for my 8th grader, work, 5:30pm lacrosse practice for the 3rd grader followed by 8:30pm velocity camp for the 8th grader, my days are shot to hell in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            I dont have a ladder tall enough to get to my second story roof. I had a guy come out and make a solid single strand of lights a few years back, cost including the lights was $400 for install and come back to take down. He moved to the coast, so I havent put them up since.

I pay $60 a month for a lawn service. I cant figure out how to make it cost effective to have to dick with buying and upkeeping a mower, weedeater and edger for that.
                            $60/MONTH? damn. does that include months when the grass is growing like crazy and they have to cut every other week?
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              $60/MONTH? damn. does that include months when the grass is growing like crazy and they have to cut every other week?
                              They have most of the houses on our street now, they are usually around 3 days of the week. They are only required to do ours every other week, but we tip them and they have cut it a third time if it needed it several times. They are cheap on doing extra stuff, too. We have two beds on either side of the pool, and one that wraps around the front. They will weed all three for $40.

They are cheap, but they have destroyed three gates now. Not sure what they have against gates, but they do a number on them.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X