New TV issues Google cast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TV issues Google cast

So we bought a new toshiba TV on Black Friday and it has this Google cast on it. I have no idea really what the hell that is but it seems you need a router and Internet. Well we have neither where we live, satellite internet is our only option even though we are 2 miles away from town. Anyways every time I turn the tv on it it defaults to the Google cast input rather then the hdmi input. Does anyone have any input as to how I can fix that? I've tried turning the cec on, auto input sensing with nothing changed. I'm getting very frustrated with this damn TV. Thoughts suggestions?

Shoot it!!!

Sorry, that's all I got.

Comment

Have you tried hitting it?
      Originally posted by talisman
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      Originally posted by AdamLX
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Because fuck you, that's why
      Originally posted by 80coupe
      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
      Originally posted by Rick Modena
      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I've not used a TV with built in Chromecast/Google Cast, so I'm no help.

Free post whaaaaat?

Comment

If it can't be changed, I'd take it back. Google is getting pretty bad (even worse than Microsoft in some areas) at forcing their services on people. Take android for example. You can no longer just watch a youtube video in whatever browser you choose (by default), it automatically opens youtube. That's just one example. If you cant set the default, I'd return it.
          Last edited by Gasser64; 12-02-2016, 11:23 PM.
          WH

Comment

That is something I've not experienced, but I don't doubt it. Are you able to reproduce it on a fresh device that doesn't have preferences set?

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
              That is something I've not experienced, but I don't doubt it. Are you able to reproduce it on a fresh device that doesn't have preferences set?
              I am only referring to the TV. I have not tried to setup the Google cast stuff.

Comment

Have you been through the menu to see if you can change the default input? If there is nothing in the manual regarding it, I would return it and go a different route. Not worth the hassle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Have you been through the menu to see if you can change the default input? If there is nothing in the manual regarding it, I would return it and go a different route. Not worth the hassle

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                  No, it only has info on how to set it up. I am pretty much to the point of returning it. I hate to as we got the tv for a good price, $350 its a 55' led blah blah blah. seems the comparables are in the $500 range.. but its annoying having a bunch of remotes laying around. I only use the tv remote to change the input.

Comment

What's the model # for the TV?

Comment

55l421u I believe it's specific for best buy as it has a best buy logo in the label on the back.

Comment

You should be able to set it on Wifi, or maybe even get a wifi router to plug an Ethernet cable into it.

Also, you should be able to change the source, maybe it stays after it is powered off to the one selected?

Page 59:

Comment

I can change it no problem, but every time I turn the tv off, it defaults back to the cast input rather the the previously set input like every other TV does. I asked the guys at best buy but they were no help. I guess not having internet at home is a new concept to some people... Haha. I have it set to where if I turn the tv on first and let if boot up completely, the turn the surround in it will switch to hdmi input and all is well, but I have all my components programmed to my direct tv remote, and once I hit on, on the remote it turns everything on at the same time.. Just another example of too much technology...

Comment

Damnit, I can't read! Thought you had satellite internet...

Best solution I can think of. Throw away that TV and move somewhere with internet.

Comment

Our TV was doing this thing where every time our daughter got a skype call, it would ring through the TV and change the input to media streaming.. I was finally able to turn that shit off but had to mess with it for far too long.

You might try calling the manufacturer to see if it is even an option.

Comment

Working...
                              X