Squeaky interior doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaky interior doors

Sitting around the house today, bored, so I decided to tackle the squeaky door problem. Doors are almost 10 years old, never cleaned the hinges, so popped out the hinge pin and did a little cleaning. Used a dry lubricant spray (3M) to test it out, see how long it stays squeak free. Heard soap can also be used. If it still seems good in a couple months, I'll do the rest of the doors the same way.

Caution, there is a ton of black shit that leaks out when you spray cleaner in the hinge, use a towel to catch it and keep it off the trim!

After doing 5 doors, I wish I woulda done it sooner! They seem to swing smoother, and no squeak!

paraffin wax

Comment

WD-40 White Lithium works great for a long term solution to squeaky hinges.

Comment

Motorcycle chain wax works awesome.

Comment

Semen. Animal semen.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I desqueakified my front door once. Was sitting in the living room, and some family member/ninja came in without squeaking and scared the bejesus outta me....over and over this happened. I then realized everybody coming in was too stealthy. Nearly jumped out of my skin for 2 weeks before the door got better.... Never again. Squeaky doors for life.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
              I desqueakified my front door once. Was sitting in the living room, and some family member/ninja came in without squeaking and scared the bejesus outta me....over and over this happened. I then realized everybody coming in was too stealthy. Nearly jumped out of my skin for 2 weeks before the door got better.... Never again. Squeaky doors for life.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
              Lol! Unintended consequences. So just lube every door but the homes' entrances. Check!

That reminds me. My dad and step-mom have always kept a string of bells on their front door.. They started it when my step sister used to sneak in after cerfew. It was screwed to the door, and the door stuck some, so there was virtually no way to open the door from the outside without making a bunch of noise. Works pretty well!

Comment

Working...
              X