No announcement yet.

17K mile 96 Impala SS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slap some all days on it and call it done!

Comment

Badass! In '94, my friend's dad bought one of the first ones. What a cool car.

There is a maroon one running around here locally, that had the auto swapped for a stick. Some Mexican dude drives it and beats on it pretty hard, poor thing.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

It's amazing how well those cars have held their value. Put some aluminum ported heads/better cam in that LTJuan.

Comment

Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            It's amazing how well those cars have held their value. Put some aluminum ported heads/better cam in that LTJuan.
            Its very easy to massage 430 crank ponies out of it and still pass emissions.

Comment

Wouldn't do it to the 17K mile car, but mine is a different story.

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Its very easy to massage 430 crank ponies out of it and still pass emissions.
              The only problem with LT1's now is that no one tunes them. PCMforless has gotten a terrible reputation now and local tuners hardly mess with them.

Comment

The only problem with LT1's now is that no one tunes them. PCMforless has gotten a terrible reputation now and local tuners hardly mess with them.
                Ed Wright still does mail order if you would want to go that way.
                Read good things about this place

Free LT1/L99 PCM tuning info & inexpensive tuning service!

And

Comment

Ed Wright still does mail order if you would want to go that way.
                  Read good things about this place

Free LT1/L99 PCM tuning info & inexpensive tuning service!

And
                  http://www.pcmperformance.com/
                  I dont know if any of ya'll remember Chris Harrington and Team Dynotech in Garland...I had him tune mine on the dyno shortly after it became an option back in like 1998..after my LT4 hot cam, headers, exhaust, and shaving the heads down slightly (long expensive story there) and using Impala SS head gaskets..made 2 passes at Ennis and could only run 13.7@102 mph..went to Dynotech..drove in and put down 311rwhp running VERY rich...made 3 dyno runs while making some programming changes...drove out making 352rwhp thru an A4..he told me it was making about 430 at the crank. Went to Ennis again 2 days later and ran 12.89@109. Could've gone with a bigger cam but I was concerned it might not pass emissions.

Comment

Man that is clean and super low miles. Just curious but what did you pay for it?

One of my most memorable road trips with my dad was coming back from Laredo from visiting family and coming across an Impala SS somewhere between Laredo and San Antonio. This was back around 96 or 97 and I was driving my dad's 95 SHO. I had one of my quickest drives from Laredo to San Antonio that day and the first time I got to see what the SHO could do on the highway

Comment

I dont know if any of ya'll remember Chris Harrington and Team Dynotech in Garland...I had him tune mine on the dyno shortly after it became an option back in like 1998..after my LT4 hot cam, headers, exhaust, and shaving the heads down slightly (long expensive story there) and using Impala SS head gaskets..made 2 passes at Ennis and could only run 13.7@102 mph..went to Dynotech..drove in and put down 311rwhp running VERY rich...made 3 dyno runs while making some programming changes...drove out making 352rwhp thru an A4..he told me it was making about 430 at the crank. Went to Ennis again 2 days later and ran 12.89@109. Could've gone with a bigger cam but I was concerned it might not pass emissions.
                      Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a while! I wonder whatever happened to him. I knew him from back when he had a shop in West Dallas and was one of my first exposures to a car dyno.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        Man that is clean and super low miles. Just curious but what did you pay for it?

One of my most memorable road trips with my dad was coming back from Laredo from visiting family and coming across an Impala SS somewhere between Laredo and San Antonio. This was back around 96 or 97 and I was driving my dad's 95 SHO. I had one of my quickest drives from Laredo to San Antonio that day and the first time I got to see what the SHO could do on the highway
                        $15k. Willing to bet the SHO walked the SS. Damned impala has a lot of ass to move.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                          $15k. Willing to bet the SHO walked the SS. Damned impala has a lot of ass to move.
                          That it did but it didn't sound as good as the SS LOL! Both were nice cars and I wouldn't mind having either one of them as a daily driver.

Comment

I dont know if any of ya'll remember Chris Harrington and Team Dynotech in Garland...
                            Supposedly that shop went belly up after some claims of his partner stealing money/parts and a LT1 block with 4v Dominator heads on it. Who knows what the real story is...

Comment

Supposedly that shop went belly up after some claims of his partner stealing money/parts and a LT1 block with 4v Dominator heads on it. Who knows what the real story is...
                              Yeah....I got to see those heads on that motor firsthand..they were Dominion heads. A lot more came up missing than just those heads and block...I had to go thru a lot of hassle to get my Vigilante torque converter that I was having swapped back in my possession (I had to threaten getting an attorney). Thank god I never left my car there. There were some seriously shady people working up there when the place finally imploded.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Now there's a name I hadn't heard in a while! I wonder whatever happened to him. I knew him from back when he had a shop in West Dallas and was one of my first exposures to a car dyno.
                                First time I dynoed my T/A was at his shop in west Dallas. The LS1's had just come out and I remember how amazed everyone was when a guy pulled in a brand new SS Camaro...right off the showroom floor and it put down nearly 320 at the wheels...followed up by an LS1 Z28 that put down 310. Think its safe to say the LS1 was underrated. Chris was a nice guy and a decent tuner but he didn't have much business sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X