Is this grass or weeds? (Lawn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this grass or weeds? (Lawn)

All of my Bermuda is brown for the winter and this has been popping up.. is it good or bad? If bad, what do I do about it?

Last edited by Stephen; 01-22-2017, 12:28 AM.
    "PSH!!!"

My general rule is "if shit is green in January, I don't want it".
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Weed, bad, pull them out.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Weed, bad, pull them out.
        This! Some of that is some sort of crabgrass and the real bad news is that some of that is Poa annua.

Comment

For the first time ever I had my back yard looking good.. I'm going to do a pre emergent a bit early this year because I want to seed my front lawn that's completely overrun with weeds.. I know you have to wait 14-16 weeks after and I will put seed down in May.. I didn't realize how much easier it is to maintain your lawn than just mow weeds and let them sprout up 2 feet in a few days again..

I have a tiny front yard and I'll be applying all of this there.. I used the winter guard in the fall and next week I'll lay down the preventer and then wait to seed.. unless you guys suggest something else.. I just got into this over the summer
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

He's got weed (s)...

Comment

Smoke it and find out!

Comment

Ok so i pulled a bunch out.. but still a bunch..I think I remember this shit last year and it thinned out my Bermuda pretty good early in the season..

<------ I tried smoking it and nothing happened
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

I think its called dallas grass or some shit. Have fun pulling it up, it was a pain the last I had to get rid of it. It is good you are treating your yard but an FYI, the cheaper the fertilizer the less good it does. When I used to be in landscaping Lesco was the brand we used and it woked wonders.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                    I think its called dallas grass or some shit. Have fun pulling it up, it was a pain the last I had to get rid of it. It is good you are treating your yard but an FYI, the cheaper the fertilizer the less good it does. When I used to be in landscaping Lesco was the brand we used and it woked wonders.
                    I'll be using scotts turf builder and crabgrass preventer
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Do that after pulling all that chit up and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                        Do that after pulling all that chit up and you should be fine.
                        Ok cool, I'll be overseeding the front 14 weeks after to try and counter the massive amount of crabgrass in my front yard.. hoping by next spring it's noticeably better
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

That's not dallisgrass. This is dallisgrass:

If you think it's that, then you can't just pull it up, you have to dig it up, as well as a large surrounding area, as it spreads by both seeds and roots. MSMA is the only thing that can kill it, and you've got to have a commercial license or know someone that will sell it to you from Canada (or other places). It's been outlawed for production in the states, because it has arsenic in it. Even with MSMA, which is some nasty (but awesome) stuff, it takes two to three treatments for the tough dallisgrass patches.

I just paid a lawn company to come take over the weed control in my front yard because it's so bad. All the dallisgrass is dead, now, and it's left huge dirt patches in my front yard that I will have to either sod or re-seed and hope the rain doesn't wash it all away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            That's not dallisgrass. This is dallisgrass:

If you think it's that, then you can't just pull it up, you have to dig it up, as well as a large surrounding area, as it spreads by both seeds and roots. MSMA is the only thing that can kill it, and you've got to have a commercial license or know someone that will sell it to you from Canada (or other places). It's been outlawed for production in the states, because it has arsenic in it. Even with MSMA, which is some nasty (but awesome) stuff, it takes two to three treatments for the tough dallisgrass patches.

I just paid a lawn company to come take over the weed control in my front yard because it's so bad. All the dallisgrass is dead, now, and it's left huge dirt patches in my front yard that I will have to either sod or re-seed and hope the rain doesn't wash it all away.
                            MSMA can still be bought at a lot of rural feed lots
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                              MSMA can still be bought at a lot of rural feed lots
                              Yup, I get it at my local COOP in 2.5 gallon jugs in a product called Target 6 Plus.

Comment

Working...
                              X