Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grape View Post
    check valve lash...........
    Agreed, if you haven't checked the valve lash in the last 20 hours, you REALLY need to do so unless you'd prefer to buy a new head/valves.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Got it running today. Pulled the bowl off the carb and pulled all the jets/screws out, then placed them in a glass jar submerged in carb cleaner. I let them sit for roughly 15 minutes then spent about 5 minutes dragging the bottom of the jar across rough concrete (simulating sonic vibrations lol) and then pulled the parts and shot more cleaner through them before poking at them with steel wire. Reassembled the carb, set everything to factory settings, then turned the fuel on. I waited for the bowl to fill, then kicked a few times to prime/purge, then it fired up. I got the idle dialed in and took off riding.

On a side note, the bike is WAY too much for me. Lol It wheelies in just about every gear and is a blast to ride, but I'll probably kill myself on it. Gonna throw some new grips on it and and find it a new home.. PM'ing you now Sean!

Comment

Working...
      X