Any GM techs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any GM techs?

Looking for info or resolution on my wife's 2014 Malibu. Whenever you come to a complete stop and the engine auto stop does not kick in the a/c will blow out warm air. We have already had the A/C TSB done twice for door swapping but I'm guessing there is something else wrong and I'm really tired of the service writer guy stumbling through his bullshit solutions that still haven't worked. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

There is a recall for the defroster not working where they reprogram the HVAC module but I don't think that's what you are describing. I'd put the a/c on max mode and see if there is any difference. Without the engine running the a/c system doesn't have any way to cool, it just recirculates the air in the car. If you stop for a long time it'll get warmer than most cars and if you have it in an eco setting even warmer still. By putting it in max mode it'll start the engine up sooner, which means cooler air.

GM kind of cheaped out on their design. They could have put an electric a/c compressor on the car to prevent this. Toyota has been using them for at least the last 10 years with very few problems while GM has stuck with belt driven systems.

Comment

They did the reprogramming to the car twice because it kept having the issues after the first reprogram. I understand about when the car goes into auto stop mode the air will get warmer but it's doing it while it still running and only when the car is in drive. It won't do it when in park or reverse. First we were told a relay was bad and the second time it was in they told us the system had a leak and was low on Freon. Now it's back in again and they are saying there isn't a problem with it even though it started doing it after the second reprogramming. They also gave us a loaner car which is another Malibu and it doesn't have the issue. Does anyone have a good contact at Clay Cooley in Irving?

Comment

Sounds like a lemon, return it.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
          Sounds like a lemon, return it.
          It is a lemon that's for sure. Still have the A/c issue and the last two times it was at Clay Cooley to get "worked on" it got paint damage from their workers. It's been in for A/C repair 5 times now and it still blows warm air at idle. Any suggestions??

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
            It is a lemon that's for sure. Still have the A/c issue and the last two times it was at Clay Cooley to get "worked on" it got paint damage from their workers. It's been in for A/C repair 5 times now and it still blows warm air at idle. Any suggestions??
            I found your problem.

Comment

2014? where is the factory warranty?
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                2014? where is the factory warranty?
                It's still under warranty. It's been in 5 times to try and fix it but it still does it. Very frustrating because it started out that the blend door was sticking and they did the recall reprogramming but it still was sticking so they did the reprogram again. That's when the car started to blow out warm air at idle. Took it back in and they replaced the relay thinking that would fix it. They washed it before we picked it up and whoever washed it used a dirty rag or sponge or whatever and damn near scratched every body panel on the car. So fucking pissed and the relay didn't even fix the a/c issue. Take it back in again and they are able to buff about half of the scratches out and change an O ring which still doesn't fix the issue. Goes in a couple more times and ends up getting 7 chips in the paint on the drivers side fender, door and rear quarter. So not only are they not able to fix the a/c in 5 times we are driving a brand new scratched up car because of their incompetence. I'm in the process of trying to get a face to face meeting with Clay Cooley himself.

Comment

Contact a lemon law attorney. If it's been in for the same issue more than three times I'm almost certain you have a case. Or at least call GM Corporate and tell them that's your next step if you don't get a resolution.

Comment

I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure Lemon Law only applies if the problem leaves the vehicle inoperable

EDIT.. For serious, take it to a different dealer, Clay Cooley is full of hacks. If it's an option I can in next door to have it looked at (Right by the Galleria.)

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                      i found your problem.
                      x100

Comment

Take it somewhere else the techs there suck, trust me

Comment

Originally posted by samuel642000 View Post
                          I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure Lemon Law only applies if the problem leaves the vehicle inoperable

EDIT.. For serious, take it to a different dealer, Clay Cooley is full of hacks. If it's an option I can in next door to have it looked at (Right by the Galleria.)
                          Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                          Take it somewhere else the techs there suck, trust me
                          Any recommendations where?

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

I'm a Chevy guy, I have 2 fbodies and a silverado, why the hell would you buy a 2014 Malibu???

I would hands down pick a fusion over the Malibu

Comment

Working...
                              X