Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

subwoofer options for 07-up GMC Sierra ext. cab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been really impressed by a lot of the 8"s on the market these days. Look into a pair of Image Dynamics ID8's or Tang Bands in a ported box. You'll be surprised.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      Yep, the speakers in the 2007+ GM trucks die all the time.
      What do you recommend for replacements with the stock head unit? I just want something that works and sounds decent. Nothing special.

Comment

For just a replacement speaker, Rockford has some okay speakers for $59pr. Focal, Alpine, JL will be just under $100/pr and up.

Comment

Yep, the speakers in the 2007+ GM trucks die all the time.
          Yeah when my dad got it new both rear door speakers were dead from the factory (he thought it only came with fronts) but he only listens to talk radio. I threw some extremely cheap JVC 2 ways from Frys in the back doors, but have noticed that the drivers front door woofer comes and goes. What size speakers fit the front doors? If they are 6.5's I have a set of Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5 separates I removed from my Trans Am that I was thinking of using.

Comment

6 1/2's for the fronts as well... however, you'll need to get the adapters for the doors. You can't reuse the stock speaker baskets like you did for the rears.

disclaimer: This was the case for my (non-classic) 07 extended cab without Bose.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              6 1/2's for the fronts as well... however, you'll need to get the adapters for the doors. You can't reuse the stock speaker baskets like you did for the rears.
              Anyone know if 8's will fit in the front doors?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                Anyone know if 8's will fit in the front doors?
                Almost anything will fit with a little bit of ingenuity.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  Almost anything will fit with a little bit of ingenuity.
                  I meant without having to totally butcher the door panels.

Comment

I have never installed anything in those trucks larger than a 17cm. I think the panel fits tight around the speaker area. I always have trouble getting the JL crossovers lined up just right near the bottom of the door panel and mid so the panel will fit back on the door. I have the adapters in stock as well as the FAST speaker rings.
                    Attached Files

Comment

8s will fix if you don't mind not being able to roll your Windows down

Comment

I have never installed anything in those trucks larger than a 17cm. I think the panel fits tight around the speaker area. I always have trouble getting the JL crossovers lined up just right near the bottom of the door panel and mid so the panel will fit back on the door. I have the adapters in stock as well as the FAST speaker rings.
                        Hey EW I lost your number and I want to ask a couple more questions before I start spending money on parts. PM me if you dont want it public.

Comment

Working...
                        X