Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F150 ecoboost issues, first a bad catalytic converter...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 ecoboost issues, first a bad catalytic converter...

I had to switch back to stock tune to try to get the truck inspected, and that's when I discovered (code popped up) that I'd smoked my catalytic converter. I replaced it (driver's side), and now I have a lean condition on #2 bank 2 O2 sensor, extra air in the exhaust, a leak somehow. Everything is tight, I cant get this thing to go away, and I need to get this truck inspected/registered.

P0157 is the code, low voltage, caused by a lean condition.

Upon start up, I did hear an exhaust leak on the DS, so I hopped back under and tightened up further... is this possibly where I use copper hi heat silicone around the turbo/down pipe interface? Hope not, that stuff is messy.

Also, anyone deal with replacing the o-rings on the turbos that cause coolant leak? Both turbos have coolant running down the side.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."
Working...
X