need some info for build options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some info for build options

putting aside the current list of mods that are in my signature, this is what i'm aiming to get done on the side. im looking for opinions, advice, anything...
    i would like to have an engine built for a single T60 turbo setup with a rwhp goal around 550-575. i have been told a 347 would be ideal, as well as a 8:0:1 compression ratio. for the transmission and rear end gears, i need help deciding. been looking a lot on latemodelrestoration.com and other sites at a T-56 magnum transmission, and 3.73 rear end gears. would that be too much for a turbo setup or would i want to come down a notch... i am no expert on any of this, i only know the basics and can only learn from all of you. i know there are lots of people on here that can lead me in the right direction. i want to build up a huge list, basicly every nut and bolt needed. opinions? advice? thanks ahead of time everybody.
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

and since im new to the site, heres the link to my "newb" thread... pics of TITS and car inside...
    hey everybody, my name is John, i just recently bought a 92 mustang GT, well, somewhat. its still at the dealership in Florida waiting to be shipped to Illinois. i'm in afghanistan right now with the 101st airborne, the only pictures i have of the car are pictures taken by the dealership. i wont get to drive it until i go home
    sigpic 92 GT, 5 Lugged, 306, Vortech V1 S Trim, 42# injectors, Aeromotive Boost Reference Fuel Pressure Regulator, MSD Boost Timing Master, TKO 600, Moser 31 Spline Axles, 3.73's.

Comment

this is all things i have been researching for some time now, over time i will find everything i need but i seriously need yalls help when it comes to gettin an engine built for the T60 setup

Comment

I did all that with a stock short block, tfs heads, 3:27 gears, mpt70, 42lbs injectors and twin walbros.
        Ded

Comment

get a 351 block, its more likely it will last longer with that hp you are reaching for

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

thanks guys, i been waitin for somebody to post on here all day lol. as for the engine, i will take any advice on that, i was told by someone i would need the cubic inches for sure, but not to go cheap on the block. dart all the way, stud gurdle, everything. i wont be making daily visits to the track with it, i jus dont like goin big on power without a bulletproof setup. what changes with a 351 setup?

Comment

No such thing as big power on a stock 302 block. 351 with a short fill FTMFW!

or lsx!
              Ded

Comment

seems to be a bit of appreciation for the 351 eh? fill me in, lets say i call up a shop, tell them what is going to be "attached",,,, to the engine, and they build me a 347 (dart block) with all the bells and whistles,,, and then,, i have another shop build a 351 with all the same bells and whistles, whats the deciding factor? (other than the obvious +4 ci )....

Comment

tryin not to be difficult here lol but for me, this is a HUGE issue cuz i just cant make up my mind.

Comment

you will need alot of new parts like headers, distributor, oil pan intake... it might be a little more expensive but it will be worth it with the reliability of knowing it can take that power better than a 302

i was in the same boat as you are and when it came down to reliability with that amount of HP i choose the 351

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

You could buy a forged bottom end windsor stroker for around the same price as a dart block (only the block) + machining.

My friend has a forged short filled 8.5:1 392 stroker for sale right now around $3400.
                      Ded

Comment

nice, where exactly can i find that forged bottom end windsor stroker? and is that amount up to the dart block in strength?

Comment

also, would buying the 5 lug conversion kit i had linked above that also comes with the brakes, is that going to mean no E-brake???

Comment

good block? whats better, iron or alluminum?
                            Discount DART Blocks at AD Performance. Full line authorized DART distributor with all DART blocks and heads available at the lowest possible prices - Compare us to other vendors and see why we're one of the best!

Comment

Working...
                            X