No announcement yet.

ported e7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would ported E7's be better than stock early 351w heads?
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by G14CLASSIFIED View Post
      are the pro comps worth it? All I have read on the forums is that you have to put some money into them just to make them worth it, and by the time you are done you should have just bought a decent set of heads
      Just depends on what you buy them for and what they are built with. The basic casting is based off the Victor Jr head. I have some that were cnc'd prior to being assembled. I had Kotzur Racing heads do their valve job on them, assemble them with good springs and retainers and so far no issues with them at all on my 393W. I have about $1200 in them total. This was including the $400 cnc'd option I paid plus the competition valve job Kotzur did on them for me.

If you can find a good clean set of used aluminum heads from Edelbrock or TFS for a decent price, I would go that route. If not, I would consider the PC heads over a GT40 or E7.

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
        Would ported E7's be better than stock early 351w heads?
        Depends on who is porting them. I've done a few sets over the years but working with cast iron is time consuming. Last set I did was some E6's for a low budget deal on a neighbors car. It did pick up a couple of tenths after the work was done but the kid sold the car off before its full potential was found.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I wish the $160 ones in the classifieds had been for sale a few days earlier, we JUST did a cam swap on the 69 Saturday.
          I've got a set of GT-40's from an explorer. They are not P heads, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
            I've got a set of GT-40's from an explorer. They are not P heads, though.
            Are they for sale? PM me if so...
            1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
              Are they for sale? PM me if so...
              Everything is for sell, sale, sail, but no cell. I've got 3 foxbodies that need new homes, as well as a 351 short block, and a bunch of various crap.

Just posted a brand new, never installed UPR k-member kit in the classifieds.

I'll take $140 for the heads. They're straight out of the junkyard I pulled them from.
              I will say, though, that if Baron wants them I will sell them to him first. Nothing personal to you, I actually know him.

Comment

Everything is for sell, sale, sail, but no cell. I've got 3 foxbodies that need new homes, as well as a 351 short block, and a bunch of various crap.

I'll take $140 for the heads. They're straight out of the junkyard I pulled them from.
                I will say, though, that if Baron wants them I will sell them to him first. Nothing personal to you, I actually know him.
                I dont need them now, er at least dont want to tear the car down again.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  I dont need them now, er at least dont want to tear the car down again.
                  I sent you a text right after making the post, but before this one.

No problemo.

Comment

Whatcha get'n on your 351 short block? PM if you'd like..

Comment

Originally posted by Swamp Donkey View Post
                      Whatcha get'n on your 351 short block? PM if you'd like..
                      It's a '69 short block that has a fox swap pan on it. I bought it for $250 several years ago from the old board. I'll start the negotiations at $200 without shipping.

Comment

It's a '69 short block that has a fox swap pan on it. I bought it for $250 several years ago from the old board. I'll start the negotiations at $200 without shipping.
                        that pan is worth 75-100 bucks by itself. Good deal on that combo.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                        X