Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swapping an air bag steering wheel for a removable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping an air bag steering wheel for a removable?

Anything I need to know about removing the bag and wheel from a 92? They just make me nervous.

Also, has anyone installed one of the quick release hubs on the stock column and keeping the shrouding?

They don't work, no need to use caution.

Just unhook the battery 15-30min prior.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      Anything I need to know about removing the bag and wheel from a 92? They just make me nervous.

Also, has anyone installed one of the quick release hubs on the stock column and keeping the shrouding?

I had the Grant brand steering wheel removal kit on a couple of foxes. They work fine. Someone wants to steal a car without the steering wheel, they'll need a wrecker.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        I had the Grant brand steering wheel removal kit on a couple of foxes. They work fine. Someone wants to steal a car without the steering wheel, they'll need a wrecker.
        On those kits, can you still use the center horn button on the Grant wheel?

Comment

unplug the airbag I cant stand aftermarket wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            On those kits, can you still use the center horn button on the Grant wheel?

Must have missed this, yes but they are a bit finicky. I chose to just disable the horn on the few cars I used that kit on.

Comment

Working...
            X