Flex-honing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex-honing

I'm needing to hone my block before I put it all back together.

It cost me $318 at the machine shop for new rings, main and rod bearings, and cam bearings plus install on the cam bearings and a degreasing. Is that expensive or fair?

How much should I expect to spend on getting it honed? Debating ordering a hone and doing it myself but they are $70 and if it only costs ~$100 then id like them to do it.

Btw anyone have a nice fancy powder coated timing cover?

I took the engine out to inspect and ended up rebuilding it instead.

Any suggestions/reccomendations on putting a stock 302 back together ? I went with ductile iron moly coated top rings for some juice.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Are windage trays worth the money ?

Comment

A little. I have one you can have if you want it (in Sw Fort Worth). It came in the original 302 that came in my car (it won't work on a 408).

Comment

Badass, what kind is it?

Comment

Not sure. it was in the shed - it's just chemdipped metal (goldish) with no name. I think you would need 4 main studs to use it (I can look if I have some from the original motor). If you are using a stock oil pan you might have to stretch (beat out) the center a bit if I remember correctly. I think that is why I didn't put it in with my new pan.

Comment

Originally posted by R3_82GT View Post
            Not sure. it was in the shed - it's just chemdipped metal (goldish) with no name. I think you would need 4 main studs to use it (I can look if I have some from the original motor). If you are using a stock oil pan you might have to stretch (beat out) the center a bit if I remember correctly. I think that is why I didn't put it in with my new pan.
            Well it would be worth it to try, should be good for a few imaginary ponies.

Comment

I've got some ARP windage tray bolts somewhere
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I have the studs in my old 302 block. PM me your number and I will send you a pic.

Comment

Working...
                X