Fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line

I'm in the middle of converting my 66 to EFI and am looking at how to run and what to use for the fuel system. Currently I own a brand new, 3/8" formed stainless stock style tank to engine line and a spool of 1/2" aluminum. Fuel system is a return style system (fox rails and computer/harness).

Are there any issues running different size lines for supply and return?

If not, which one needs to be bigger? I'd really like to use the stainless formed line at all possible.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

The 3/8 line will be plenty for the supply side, a 5/16 line is all you need for the return. If you plan on needing more fuel down the road for more power, run the 1/2 for supply and let the 3/8 be your return.

Comment

Do not use the aluminum line for your feed. Return it would be ok as it doesnt see much pressure. Your current 3/8 will work great for a feed just be sure and use the right methods to adapt it. For a return though 1/2 is over kill, I would suggest going to a parts store and buyinga couple sticks of the 5/16 metal double flared line and a few couplers they sell. Should be pretty cheap and will work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
        Do not use the aluminum line for your feed. Return it would be ok as it doesnt see much pressure. Your current 3/8 will work great for a feed just be sure and use the right methods to adapt it. For a return though 1/2 is over kill, I would suggest going to a parts store and buyinga couple sticks of the 5/16 metal double flared line and a few couplers they sell. Should be pretty cheap and will work just fine.
        Can you elaborate on that?
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

As long as its rated for efi pressures its fine.

Comment

Working...
          X