Whats my best option here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats my best option here?

Bought a donor 302 for my third project. Its a truck motor and has an oil pan with the dipstick in the passenger side of the pan. The pan won't clear a fox chassis.
    I found a $150 oil pan that will work, but is there a cheaper alternative ? I can fin fox pans all day. Is there a fox pan/timing cover combo that had the dipstick in the cover ?

I dont understand what you are trying to do.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Im trying to put this 302 in my foxbody. The current oil pan doesn't fit the chassis. The current pan has a dipstick in the side.
      So, I need a pan to fit on this motor that will work with a fox chassis. And I need a provision for a dip stick.
      Trying to do this on the cheap.. I can buy the new pan for a fox chassis with a dipstick in it for $150. I was thinking I could get used parts for about $50...

Comment

contact whiteboy
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
          Im trying to put this 302 in my foxbody. The current oil pan doesn't fit the chassis. The current pan has a dipstick in the side.
          So, I need a pan to fit on this motor that will work with a fox chassis. And I need a provision for a dip stick.
          Trying to do this on the cheap.. I can buy the new pan for a fox chassis with a dipstick in it for $150. I was thinking I could get used parts for about $50...
          what was the question?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            what was the question?
            What car/truck do I need to look for or does anyone have the parts I need ?
            I'm not aware of a foxbody with dipstick in the timing cover..

Comment

Does your block not have the provision for a passenger side dipstick?

Comment

fox pan. If you dont have a block with a dipstick hole on the driver's side, your going to have to make something.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  Does your block not have the provision for a passenger side dipstick?
                  Nope. The darn thing is in the side of the pan. I think its a Bronco or truck pan. The block has no provision.

Comment

Timing cover new w/ dip stick hole is only $50ish new..

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
                      Timing cover new w/ dip stick hole is only $50ish new..
                      it's for a front sump pan.

Comment

Working...
                      X