Anyone running Fitech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone running Fitech?

I bought the 600 kit this week with the fuel management system. Threw it on the bird yesterday to the point of testability. Anyone mess with these systems?

Not yet, once the T5 is newisher and some what improved I will.

Comment

Yea I too stoopid to embed.

Got it yesterday and added sanderson shorties due to restrictive and broken log manifolds. I kinda cheated it to here but I am pretty happy so far.

Comment

I'm considering fitech or the holley sniper for my Miata 5.0 swap. It already has an efi fuel system so it should be an easy install. I was dreading cleaning and running/integrating a Ford EEC harness, so I really prefer the new systems.

Comment

I ordered a dual pickup distributor due to the Fitech not being compatable with pertronix ignition.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I'm considering fitech or the holley sniper for my Miata 5.0 swap. It already has an efi fuel system so it should be an easy install. I was dreading cleaning and running/integrating a Ford EEC harness, so I really prefer the new systems.
            I think they make a harness for that swap, I would try to keep a factory gt40 intake if ya can. I have had good luck with exploder 5.0 setups over the years.

Comment

I run a Ron Francis cobra-75 EEC-IV swap harness in my fox. It’s intended for ppl that are putting a fox motor with factory efi in other vehicles. If your 5.0 is stock and going to stay stock I might suggest an A9L/eec-iv.

If you’re swapping HCI it’s a no brainer in my opinion to get rid of that old computer and jump into a modern efi.

I plan on getting a pro-m setup or Holley dominator type system on mine at some point.

Comment

Already have a 5.0 with cam afrs and explorer intake. I'm going to remove intake and go Weiand stealth and carb style EFI.

Comment

Keep us posted on how it runs. The ppl I’ve seen posting about it that actually have it seem to think highly of it.

Comment

Here is where I have cheated it with non adjustable timing and open headers. Now understand, Betty here was embarrassingly slow even with the rebuilt engine. This shows promise to needing some updated suspension lol.

Comment

Subscribing. I purchased my 600hp kit with drop in fuel pump a couple of months ago. Haven't installed it yet as I'm still buttoning up the motor. It will be going in my '68 F100.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I pulled a rabbit out of my ass and got full exhaust put on with an x pipe, 2.5s into 40 series flows out the back, fixed some oh shit issues and rolled out to LSR on Friday. I had a few small issues but overall this has been one of the best purchases for a build I have ever bought. That being said, they should send a correct install manual and it wouldn't hurt to have good training videos so you don't have to spend hours trying to figure the shit out.

What really impressed me is I rolled back home between 65 and 90, engine wise it was like a new car, crisp throttle almost always and feels almost where I want the car with power for the time being. Now my issue is I feel the need to upgrade the suspension asap followed by a whole new list. I gotta edit some videos and pics but will post soon.

Comment

What were the issues you had, and what was missing from the manual?

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                            What were the issues you had, and what was missing from the manual?
                            X2

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
                            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

The wiring diagram in the instructions has 2 incorrect wire colors and tells you incorrect instructions on fan relay hookup. The harness also came with wires misspinned (that was fun figuring out). I found a few real good pages on the youtubes that reeeeeeaally helped out. As far as the trip issues, the Fitech was flawless, my issues were a burnt spark plug wire and I blew up my 4th or so power steering pump. Thinking of putting hydro boost on her and finding a serpentine belt setup since the car eats factory pumps.

Comment

Working...
                              X