Keto diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
    As of Sunday morning I'm 209lb. I haven't been this light in a long time. My wife has also lost quite a bit. She was running around the house all excited yesterday because she fit in a size 8 pair of jeans. I'm down in a large size shirt and am past due on buying new pants. I think I'm going to go to my boss and ask for smaller shirts. that's a great feeling!
    I’m at the point that I am doing 1-2 day carb cycling to maintain. I went back to the gym and (of course) proceeded to drop a few more lbs and went below my maintenance weight threshold. I’m wearing pants and shorts I haven’t worn in years. I have several pairs of jeans I can’t wear because they’re too loose and fit stupid with a belt cinched around them to hold them up. Keep trucking Holmes! Great work! We’re in it with you!
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Somebody talk about that chemical in dynamite that might kill you but makes you lose all fat rapidly.
      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        Somebody talk about that chemical in dynamite that might kill you but makes you lose all fat rapidly.
        DNP? I wouldn’t touch the shit. It can cause retinal separation as well.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Sounds like something a fool might try.

Comment

Meth works better and gets you high.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Had blood work done after being on keto for around 8 months now. I have family history on both sides with high BP and cholesterol. Mine's always been high especially during the smoking years.
              As of now BP, triglycerides and hdl are all normal. LDL is high as of now. Going to continue keto and do a MCT oil daily dose and retest in 3 months. If that doesn't work then I'll start the atorvastatin pill popping bullshit.
              The hardest thing convincing my doctor regarding cholesterol numbers was to drop taking Lipitor/Atorvastatin. I was able to show it was no long needed by dropping from 40 mg (the maximum) to 20 mg, then to 10 mg (the minimum) and finally to 10 mg every other day. Granted that if you do need to take it after all due to the genetic factor, it does do an effective job at lowering LDL levels.

Comment

with low carb diets, one cholesterol reading will be normal and other high. I have been doing low carb off and on for the past 7 or 8 years, I lose 20 lbs, get off, gain it back, back on, etc

Comment

btw, get yourself an immersion cooker, its the best investment you can make with low carb.

Comment

Finally, finally back in ketosis. Had been out virtually since mid may. Did a 24hr fast after a week of low carb no sugar. At a huge base with TONS of food choices. So Keto is much earlier to stick to. Already dropping weight again and cleaning up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                      Granted that if you do need to take it after all due to the genetic factor, it does do an effective job at lowering LDL levels.
                      I've heard now that LDL levels aren't as important as triglycerides. I don't know what to believe at this point. Goal is to just have everything at acceptable levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        I've heard now that LDL levels aren't as important as triglycerides. I don't know what to believe at this point. Goal is to just have everything at acceptable levels.
                        I think that you are correct, in that high LDL levels in and of themselves are not necessarily bad and that it also depends on the type and size of the LDL particles. My own experience was that LDL levels initially rose during the first six months of ketosis and then subsequently dropped afterward, while triglyceride levels dropped within that first six months and stayed that way. HDL levels rose during that time and have remained steady ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Sounds like something a fool might try.
                          Lots of people have, but its pretty risky. You can't get hot or you die. Also you gotta get the dosage right or you die. But the risk/reward is balanced. You'll lose most of the fat you want to in very short order.
                          WH

Comment

Lots of people have, but its pretty risky. You can't get hot or you die. Also you gotta get the dosage right or you die. But the risk/reward is balanced. You'll lose most of the fat you want to in very short order.
                            F that! I will just stick with slowly shrinking safely.

Comment

I preferred to invest my time to do it right (for me) and make it a lifestyle change. Adding in another "dosage" of anything would have been the opposite of one of the things I was trying to accomplish, which was to eliminate the need for as many Rx meds as possible.

Comment

My wife and I have been doing keto this week and my daily carb intake has been at most 15 total. All I drank was water. Are a fried egg in the morning, salad at lunch, and steak and broccoli for dinner. Was going great until last night I drove 4 hours to look at a boat and skipped lunch I pulled into a Walmart to pick up more lures while I was out that way and when I came out I couldn't find my truck for 45 minutes. I never do that I always know right where I parked and I was dizzy and had a terrible headache. I made a stop by burger king and ate a burger and it totally wrecked my keto groove.

Comment

Working...
                                X