Celebrities Trying to Turn Texas Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    That's how survey statistics works though. Taking a survey of everyone is just called and voting that's next week.

Confidence interval = margin of error (this is the +/- on the results)
    Confidence level = how "sure" you can be of the results (this tells you how often the respondent's answer will fall within the interval)
    They had +/- interval of 3.22% in their results.

Take that, and do the math with a 95% confidence level, and they actually only needed to survey 926 out of the ~17,000,000 registered voters in Texas.

rough numbers
    I'm sure what you are saying is right, but the results are going to be way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I'm sure what you are saying is right, but the results are going to be way off.
      Oh, I'm not saying I agree with the study they did. There's no info on the methodology, questions asked, etc - just results, and we know how accurate the polls were last time.

But from a pure math standpoint their sample size was spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Oh, I'm not saying I agree with the study they did. There's no info on the methodology, questions asked, etc - just results, and we know how accurate the polls were last time.

But from a pure math standpoint their sample size was spot-on.
        This is correct, but I often don't think other items are factored that should be. For example, if you survey 1K people from Austin/Dallas/other liberal area, you'll get skewed results. Likewise, I went to my deer lease south of Abilene this past weekend. Survey 1K people out that way, and you get an entirely different result. Origin of the samples matter.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          The wolves herding the dumb fucking sheep.

Comment

The thing is about that last video that I am confused about. If she is working for a Rep candidate, why is she getting everyone to vote straight Dem?

Ballotpedia: The Encyclopedia of American Politics

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              The thing is about that last video that I am confused about. If she is working for a Rep candidate, why is she getting everyone to vote straight Dem?

https://ballotpedia.org/Mauro_Garza
              Friend of my enemy.... Dems have no morals. She’d do anything including work for an R to get her hands on ballots. And how many wacko progressives are posing as Rs or conservative dems to get votes? The end justifies the means for these types. Ever wonder how Biden can lie so easily?

Comment

New video out today in other thread. She is working for RINOS for Biden and some Ds who ran as Rs to get elected in TX.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  New video out today in other thread. She is working for RINOS for Biden and some Ds who ran as Rs to get elected in TX.
                  Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

Something helpful to know is that there really are scant few polls in the U.S that are even worth looking at. Most of them are biased or heavily flawed, like that one.
                    WH

Comment

Working...
                    X