No announcement yet.

First build-$900 budget-almost complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be tempted to say that it sucks that they did that, but in order for me to actually make that conclusion, I'd have to see how well the newer processors performed on the older chipsets that came with those sockets. Which isn't going to happen, but if I had to wager, I'd say that like always, it just gets faster and faster as time goes by.

Maybe their thought process was something like "We don't really like the lack of a performance leap that people see, when they plug our latest and greatest into an old chipset". Its not always the obvious stuff, like how well it does in games or solidworks or other processor intensive tasks. I've noticed big jumps in subtle areas before as well.
    WH

Comment

I wanna respond, but I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

Comment

Well let me say that I'm not one of those people that runs out and upgrades every 6 months. Though I do know people like that. My current rig was built in 2012, and only now am I just starting to see a reason to upgrade.

And even now, I'm still not seeing anything that I'm just really impressed with.
        WH

Comment

Working...
        X