No announcement yet.

Another what would DFWM do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd expect him to show up with friends wanting to kick your ass and a set of beat to shit wheels he tried to make fit. I use a google voice number and throw away emails for most things Craigslist.

Comment

I wouldn't refund.. not your fault he didn't do the homework or at least ask if they fit
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

He texted me today asking to meet and return. I told him no, the wheels were as described and he should have done his homework beforehand. I suggested that he repost them and get his money back or trade for the correct wheels.

He got a little flustered but I doubt I'll hear from him again.

I feel a little bad for him but I'm also frustrated for his lack of forethought. It took me 2 seconds to find that they won't fit, but it wasn't my job to confirm the fit before the transaction.
        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

I'd be nice to the guy, but ultimately not refund him. Some lessons are learned the hard way. It's not like you ripped him off. He has every right to be angry, but only at himself.

Maybe consider keeping your original ad up for a while, and if someone contacts you, you could forward them to him. Tell him you're doing that for him - in theory it doubles the chance of a buyer responding. You'd be helping the guy out without losing anything. But at the end of the day, those wheels are his now.

Comment

20% restocking fee, no full refunds.

But, as you posted, he called and you probably won't do anything, which is the
            best option.

Comment

I would offer a $200 refund and keep $50 for the trouble of having to sell them again, or tell him he can sell them himself and get the whole $250 back.

Comment

No, that would be manipulative.

He made the deal, he can live with the consequence of ignorance like a grown ass man.

Comment

Life lessons. Sometimes you have to take them, but some times you can give them out.

Comment

Yep. Buyer beware.

Comment

Based on him sounding like a decent dude, I'd do the refund - and as mentioned especially if it looks like 250 would put a hurting to him. This would also assume no damage to them.

Although, I can understand why you'd choose not to as well. In my old age, I'm a lot nicer than I used to be but folks need to understand buying "as-is"
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        Based on him sounding like a decent dude, I'd do the refund - and as mentioned especially if it looks like 250 would put a hurting to him. This would also assume no damage to them.

Although, I can understand why you'd choose not to as well. In my old age, I'm a lot nicer than I used to be but folks need to understand buying "as-is"
                        He started off as a decent guy but his tone changed once he found out the wheels wouldn't fit his van and I felt disinclined to do the refund. He called me immoral and a liar and some other stuff when I told him no. He lied about what we discussed and that he had researched the fitment and etc etc.

I originally leaned toward the refund, but then I thought about meeting him and finding damage on the wheels. Then what? Deny him in person just so he can argue and whine at me like a child some more? What if he swapped the wheels for some that he knew were bent and was trying to scam me? Anything could have happened in the time between the sale and his asking for a refund.

I decided the refund complicated things too much and I have better things to do than try to haggle with him over a couple hundred bucks. He can take that effort he was willing to put into pestering me for a refund and relist them.
                        Last edited by Torinoman; 06-20-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post

What?! He could be a decent dude, but this isn't a new part purchase with a return policy in place. It's used car parts, know what your buying before you buy it! There is no middle ground, the OP was selling some parts at a decent price, the buyer should know if they fit his vehicle, end of deal transaction.

Also, the OP could have lost a sale on his wheels while this guy was trying to get them to fit. They belong to him and his inattention to detail caused him to insert his cock into his own ass, am I missing something here?
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                          X