Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardly anyone I know will answer their phones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Gets first smart phone - goes to using it like mad - wonders why people screen calls.
    hahaha

Comment

Scootro, I know a few folks like you have described, glued to their phone even around others but they don't answer when you call. You are correct, self absorbed. My phrase for some privacy is "radio silence". This will unhinge the self absorbed and they will delete you = problem solves itself!

Chili is spot on. I like voicemail too. If the call is important, you should use it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Dude, fuck cancer. Seriously. I'm in the same boat on my end as an only child but I'm willing to bet you have a better support system than you realize. You just need to raise your hand.

If your friends don't answer the call (literally and figuratively), hit me up. At the very least, we're in the same boat. I'll talk to you any time. How's your dad doing?
        thanks man i appreciate it. my aunt has been a big help when i'm working also i have a in home health care nurse that tends to his needs 5 days a week. being a only child sucks it's been a huge learning curve.

dad has his up's and down's. he gave up treatments. i had to respect his decision because the treatments were making him really sick. the cancer is terminal now.

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
        Scootro, I know a few folks like you have described, glued to their phone even around others but they don't answer when you call. You are correct, self absorbed. My phrase for some privacy is "radio silence". This will unhinge the self absorbed and they will delete you = problem solves itself!

Chili is spot on. I like voicemail too. If the call is important, you should use it.
        i'm just stressed out and being crabby! i have my bad days

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          thanks man i appreciate it. my aunt has been a big help when i'm working also i have a in home health care nurse that tends to his needs 5 days a week. being a only child sucks it's been a huge learning curve.

dad has his up's and down's. he gave up treatments. i had to respect his decision because the treatments were making him really sick. the cancer is terminal now.
          Sorry to hear it man. I'm very conflicted on the treatment side of things too. On one hand, you want them to fight because you selfishly want them around as long as possible, on the other hand, going through that level of BS just to make sure their last days are as awful as possible... It's a wicked kind of lose/lose.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Sorry to hear it man. I'm very conflicted on the treatment side of things too. On one hand, you want them to fight because you selfishly want them around as long as possible, on the other hand, going through that level of BS just to make sure their last days are as awful as possible... It's a wicked kind of lose/lose.
            yea it is! each treatment seems more worst/worse then the last.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              yea it is! each treatment seems more worst/worse then the last.
              Fuckin' cancer man. Bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                It does seem like DFWmustangs is going to have to have a senior citizens section.
                Just send those folks the AOL good bye text
                I think I just understood you. At last! I've managed to achieve communication! A fascinating anthropological find!

If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about that old "GOODBYE!!!... GOODBYE!!!" that AOL would yell at you when you got disconnected on dial up.
                WH

Comment

I can't imagine giving up cancer treatments without having a sense of peace about it. Death, to me, is the most difficult aspect of life. Terminal illness brings a chance to make peace with your family, life choices, your Creator, and basically get your affairs in order. I would not say it is necessarily easier for those doing the passing, but for those remaining, gradually letting go is seemingly more humane. We get a chance to adjust to the idea, ask the things we need to ask, and honor the person who is sick. Finally, in the end, death is a greater blessing and an end to suffering.
                  Nobody escapes this. You are far from alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
                    I can't imagine giving up cancer treatments without having a sense of peace about it. Death, to me, is the most difficult aspect of life. Terminal illness brings a chance to make peace with your family, life choices, your Creator, and basically get your affairs in order. I would not say it is necessarily easier for those doing the passing, but for those remaining, gradually letting go is seemingly more humane. We get a chance to adjust to the idea, ask the things we need to ask, and honor the person who is sick. Finally, in the end, death is a greater blessing and an end to suffering.
                    Nobody escapes this. You are far from alone.
                    thank you!

Comment

If you can text HEY CALL ME, just text why you want to fucking talk. Its 2017, not 1977.

Comment

Working...
                      X