Credit Hold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Hold?

Anyone ever put a 90 day lock/fraud alert on their credit with Credit Bureaus? Pros/Cons?

Someone tried to use SS#to open a Credit Card, and cleaned out on of my CC's...I got alerted by Capital One...so considering doing this.

TIA...
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

I did it with Equifax, I think. There was a fee associated with it, as well as a confirmation number. You will need to make sure you don't lose that confirmation number, it is needed to remove the freeze.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Any idea how the perp got a hold of your info?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
        Any idea how the perp got a hold of your info?
        Still working on that...they are having me back track where I have used it in the past.
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          I did it with Equifax, I think. There was a fee associated with it, as well as a confirmation number. You will need to make sure you don't lose that confirmation number, it is needed to remove the freeze.
          Thank you!

Comment

For my family, seems like online purchases using a credit card has been the issue. And this has happened more than once and when dealing with smaller businesses. Perhaps smaller businesses are more vulnerable somehow? Maybe they are more likely to have spyware on their websites? Never had a problem when using PayPal.

Comment

For my family, seems like online purchases using a credit card has been the issue. And this has happened more than once and when dealing with smaller businesses. Perhaps smaller businesses are more vulnerable somehow? Maybe they are more likely to have spyware on their websites? Never had a problem when using PayPal.
              Either spyware, or their back end systems aren't as secure as the larger companies making them easier targets for quick scores for thieves/hackers.
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Never had a problem when using PayPal.
                I have. My Yahoo account was compromised during one of their data breaches and someone used that e-mail to access my paypal account. They transferred $500 from my checking account to my paypal account and I'm guessing planned on sending it somewhere else once it finally posted.

Still not as fun as having someone file taxes with your social and getting a huge refund check. That took almost two years to get resolved and I'm not exaggerating when I say it took 20+ hours on the phone. At least someone went to prison over that one though. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...fraud-factory/

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  I have. My Yahoo account was compromised during one of their data breaches and someone used that e-mail to access my paypal account. They transferred $500 from my checking account to my paypal account and I'm guessing planned on sending it somewhere else once it finally posted.

Still not as fun as having someone file taxes with your social and getting a huge refund check. That took almost two years to get resolved and I'm not exaggerating when I say it took 20+ hours on the phone. At least someone went to prison over that one though. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...fraud-factory/
                  Dammit! I wonder had he not gotten greedy if he would have made off with a few million. How often does this happen?

As far as my PPal, I only hooked up one credit card to it, never my bank. Maybe that made my PayPal less attractive?

Comment

I put a permanent "freeze" on all three bureaus. Approx $10-15ea.

Comment

Dammit! I wonder had he not gotten greedy if he would have made off with a few million. How often does this happen?
                      Not sure but it was at $21 billion dollars worth as of last year. I'd say fairly often. The IRS gave me a PIN to use when I file now.

Comment

Working...
                      X