? for the computer gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
    Can you go to youtube and watch 1080P videos at full screen? I seriously doubt that computer will do what you want it to do... You will need a new rig I would imagine... HD video takes A LOT of processor, memory, and GPU to play.

I would suggest a high end dual core, or a quad core system, min 4 gigs of ram(6gigs+ would be best), and a GTX 560TI or equal video card. Since it will be an HD machine for playing on your tv get a blu-ray player. If you shopped around, you could build a nice setup for $600-$700 + the cost of software. The computer should last you several years.

If you want to use the computer as a DVR device, plan on buying lots of very large hard drives. Which can be added on over time.

Why the FUCK would he need a 560TI to watch HD online when he could spend half that and do that. He isn't trying to play CoD or BF on the damn thing just stream some vids.

I have a 2 year old system that streams HD perfectly. I7 with 3GB RAM and a GTS250 from BFG. Hell I could Play HD on my athlon x2 at 2.2, 2GB RAM and a Nvidia 9600.

Almost ANY computer you buy now will stream HD video just fine.
    QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

When your talking Netflix etc, it's also gonna depend on your connection speed. You could have a $2k rig with a 56k modem and not be able to watch an HD show without loading it for hours before you watch. The higher your connection, the better your stream. And therefore; the better your definition.

Comp side, your Processor will be your "bottleneck" for streaming. But honestly, Internet streaming is always compressed, so no hardware will really affect your clarity tremendously.
      Last edited by TruestreetTim; 07-06-2011, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X