Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Print jobs go to queue but do not print.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right on , I'm just trying to get some shit started. Extremely bored , day started early this morning and there is no end in sight. Trying not to stab myself in the temple with my pen.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

LOL. I'm right there with you. Supporting a customer who is definitely NOT IT oriented and am about as frustrated as you are bored. Watching them on one screen and browsing DFWMustangs on another. This site's FS section has gone to shit! lol
      Last edited by Darren M; 06-29-2011, 04:01 PM. Reason: Typo
      Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Yea the classifieds on the old site actually have more activity than this one.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          sounds like no connectivity to the printer.

Wrong IP, the printer isn't on the network, etc.
          Silverback 1
          Darren M .5

Connectivity meaning the computer's ability to talk to the printer.

Comment

Here we go..... Now reinstall driver = connectivity? LOL. Maybe you should include sun spots and possible ghost divide by 0 errors. Or, maybe it's an unknown VM environment..... save face where you can I suppose. Me, I would have simply said. "Yup he was right. Glad you got your problem resolved."

So damn glad I didn't go into IT.
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

yes if the driver is bad, the computer cannot effectively communicate with the printer.

Just like developers have a hard time understanding that the right database username/password is also a connectivity issue.

Comment

The right DB user/pass should be provided correctly, along w/ UNC, etc.

Either way, glad the OP got his issue resolved, regardless.

Comment

And just to clear things up.... The OSI model

Printer Drivers = Application Layer/Presentation Layer (edited to put both, just as it is a grey area depending on the functionality of the driver)

Last edited by Silverback; 06-29-2011, 04:46 PM.

Comment

There is a whole lot of wow in this thread.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                      Here we go..... Now reinstall driver = connectivity? LOL. Maybe you should include sun spots and possible ghost divide by 0 errors. Or, maybe it's an unknown VM environment..... save face where you can I suppose. Me, I would have simply said. "Yup he was right. Glad you got your problem resolved."

So damn glad I didn't go into IT.

Comment

IT Death Cage match

Two geeks enter, one geek formats the other geeks computer and reinstalls Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          And just to clear things up.... The OSI model

Printer Drivers = Application Layer/Presentation Layer (edited to put both, just as it is a grey area depending on the functionality of the driver)

All people seem to need data processing.

Bad boys rape our young girls but violet gives willingly

Comment

Working...
                          X