Good info on SSD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good info on SSD's

Some may already be aware of the practices and tips in this post but some may not. Nonetheless, it's good info.

Some of that info he posted is retarded, never disable your pagefile if you must just set it to a static size. And bench your ssd only once or twice a week wth is that about?
    SSD's don't need to be babied anymore, Windows 7 + trim works well. Hell even without Trim they work well, I have some older Intel G1's without trim or gc and they are still as fast today as they were when I first got them with NO MAINTENANCE.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if my t410 + linux mint support trim (oem ssd is installed) but i've been running that for awhile now as well (over a year) and haven't noticed any speed degradation etc..

Comment

Yeah running Windows 7 with my SSD as well, zero maintenance, still fast as shit.

Although I'm down to 1gb left, damn small size!

Comment

Yeah most ssd's now have their own built in garbage collection if they don't have trim support, maintenance isn't really needed. If anything you "might" have to align the drive prior to os installation but I remember reading somewhere that windows 7 install would align it it there were no partitions on the drive. Even than, that isn't 100% necessary for the drive.

Comment

been running one for almost two years now. I just use intels trim toolbox maybe once a month. takes 2 minutes.
          2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Working...
          X