No announcement yet.

Home Computer Back-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just do some reading for SSD failure rates, they all say that Intel is the most reliable with OCZ being the worst but also the fastest. I read tons of reviews on Newegg that usually went with "SSD died, all data lost!" Kinda scary! I think this current gen is much improved though which is why i went with one on my lastest build.

After having an SSD as my boot drive i cant stand pcs with regular HDs now. Gone are the days of turning the pc on and going into the other room to wait for it to load!

Comment

You still didn't post where you got those failure rate numbers from. Where are you hearing OCZ is the worst but the fastest? Newegg reviews, seriously?
      I have 4 intel G1 80gb, and 4 vertex 3 120gb, 2x gskill phoenix pro's, and another rebranded intel g2 (adata), none have failed, none have given me errors, etc.... SSD's are solid, maybe when they were first released and random writes were ridiculously horrible and caused hitching (etc) but still they didn't fail.

Comment

So i should listen to you and not people on Newegg right? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slammy View Post
          So i should listen to you and not people on Newegg right? lol
          I'm just saying I wouldn't pay any attention to newegg reviews period.

Comment

I have a Seagate Freeagent 2TB External drive I backup my computer with. It has free backup software on it called Seagate Manger which provides backup's and sync's and lets you manage your Seagate drive. It's very easy software to use. You set it up to back up your shit on a weekly or daily unattended backup schedule and forget about it.

I'd recommend you only backup your user profiles and not the entire C: drive. That is unless you create files in a different directory other than your desktop or under My documents.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X