Xbox 360 4GB and Kinect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox 360 4GB and Kinect

I decided to buy my 3rd Xbox this last weekend. Game stop has the 4 GB slim with Kinect for 300.00

Stuff I didn't know

- The Slim now has built-in wireless
    - COD Black Ops ( I dont have yet, buy plan on buying) requires more than 4 GB of HD space to do some stuff.
    - If your buy or end up with the 4GB version, you can either replace the 4GB HD with your old (larger) external HD or buy a 16GB usb stick and run that.
    - Kinect "Adventures" is fun, but old quick for me. My 5 year old is an expert now, the 4 year old is still getting used to the range of movement you should have.

Most of the Kinect games out have gotten crappy-ish reviews. I still plan on getting the Sports Game to play over the holidays. The Animal game I am going to get my kids for xmas.
    WRX

I didn't know the 4gb had an actual HD. I am sure you could get a 500gb HD like they did with the old ones.

Comment

One game requires more than 4GB of storage to do things? I seriously doubt that. Even games like Oblivion and Fallout which are MUCH larger save files were only a little over a gig max.

Also, can you not just use an external harddrive and when it asks you to pick a storage device, just pick the external drive?
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

So doing some more research- Halo 4 player co-op looks like the only thing "broken" right now. They are working on fixing it.

Want to play 'Halo: Reach' co-op? Well, you better not have a 4GB Xbox S, as co-op is currently not allowed on Microsoft's new console.

Call of Duty - Black Ops, I ready that you lose some saving ability. Looking more into it.

I would be curious if anyone has the new 4GB slim and has had any issues with Online COD: Black Ops.
        WRX

Comment

I just checked my Xbox and here are all the saves and how much data they're using.

Installed game (not required, I do it with all my games) - 6.9GB
          CoD BO Title Update(I don't even know what this is) - 6MB
          CoD BO Saved game: 528KB

So a saved game is less than 1MB. Given, I haven't played much online so most of the shit is locked, and I'm sure unlocking requires a little bit of data, but with 4,000MB I'm sure you'll be fine.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

If you have an old Xbox, you can take the old hard drive apart and plug the internal portion into the new Xbox's slot for the 250GB hard drive. It recognizes it as another hard drive and everything loads just fine.

Comment

I have a 4 gig slim and I don't have any problems running or saving black ops.
              An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

It's working for me. Next I'm going to do the drive swap. I have the drive from my old one.

The only thing I have seen is an old xbox game (burnout) would not work.
                WRX

Comment

Kinectimals is a ok game, my kids got bored with it quick. The only decent game for the Kinect is the dance game. Only bad side is looking like a retard in front of your buddies as your trying to dance to poker face by lady gaga.

Comment

Working...
                  X