Computer Combo choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Combo choice

Still looking to get a new pc for streaming video at home and cancelling my satellite service. Out of these combos, would any of them work well for what I am looking for?

Newegg is proud to offer United States the best prices, fast shipping and top-rated customer service for Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics and more!

Or would I be better off with one of these?

The first two are WAAAAY overkill for what you're wanting to do. The third would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      The first two are WAAAAY overkill for what you're wanting to do. The third would be fine.
      If they are overkill, and cheaper, why not?

The htpc would work well for my wife to navigate I suppose. I am assuming those htpc's don't have windows loaded. And it looks like I would have to add a wireless nic for it.

Comment

No reason but I personally would pick the second for the case and psu.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          No reason but I personally would pick the second for the case and psu.

You mean the first with the 650w psu?

Well, the vid card and controller on the htpc make it enticing. I, hopefully, won't have to keep explaining to my wife how it works like I would if it was a pc.
          Last edited by mstng86; 11-29-2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

That's why I suggested the last one originally.

Comment

What all are you wanting to stream? I would suggest picking up a bluray player that has DLNA capabilities. I just put a Sony BDP-S370 in our bedroom and it will stream any files off my PC and also hooks up with my PlayOn media server. It also has a handful of apps available (Netflix, Amazon VOD, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Slacker, etc...). I paid $90 for it. WAAAAAAY cheaper than even the most basic HTPC.

Outside of being able to browse the internet, it does 95% of what people with HTPC's want to do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                What all are you wanting to stream? I would suggest picking up a bluray player that has DLNA capabilities. I just put a Sony BDP-S370 in our bedroom and it will stream any files off my PC and also hooks up with my PlayOn media server. It also has a handful of apps available (Netflix, Amazon VOD, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Slacker, etc...). I paid $90 for it. WAAAAAAY cheaper than even the most basic HTPC.

Outside of being able to browse the internet, it does 95% of what people with HTPC's want to do with them.
                I basically want to eliminate my satellite. I want to be able to go online and watch shows I would normally see with satellite. I want to be able to record live tv as well.

Comment

Working...
                X