Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official: HTC will no longer be locking bootloaders on their devices!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
    This is why HTC has done so well in such a short time - open software. Apple could take a note or two.
    I always love the "apple could take a few notes" type comments in these threads. HTC closed under $10 last week and Apple closed at $348. Glad my 400 shares is in AAPL and not HTCXF.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
      I always love the "apple could take a few notes" type comments in these threads. HTC closed under $10 last week and Apple closed at $348. Glad my 400 shares is in AAPL and not HTCXF.
      Seeing as how HTC is only 14 years old and apple is 35 I think that the stock prices can be overlooked. Apple also has quite a few fingers in the tech pie where as HTC seems to be limit itself to providing superb phones. That might have a bit of a impact on stock prices. I will say this, every single Apple product I have owned over the years has been outdone by something not apple within a few short weeks or months after launch. The only reason people still think Apple is the shit is they seem to have a fairly decent instinct on what will be hot ... but they have still had there fair share of flops.

BTW - AAPL hasnt seen 348 a share in about a month .... HTC's stock was at $36 and change USD as of right now (2498:Taiwan)
      Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 07-05-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        I wish my First two rooting adventures were that easy.
        How often do you have your current widget updating?

Comment

You've got 140 grand in apple shares?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
            BTW - AAPL hasnt seen 348 a share in about a month .... HTC's stock was at $36 and change USD as of right now (2498:Taiwan)

I do believe he is talking out of his ass or hit a extra zero ... maybe even two extra zeros ......

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post

I do believe he is talking out of his ass or hit a extra zero ... maybe even two extra zeros ......
              Might want to do a little research before you start spouting off there Buckwheat, here's today's close -

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                It appears a bit more as of close today. And not too hard to believe really. I bought in back in 2004 when they were under $40, there was a 2-1 split not too long after that, and the rest is history. Good luck on this one, not so good luck on others.

Comment

Might want to do a little research before you start spouting off there Buckwheat, here's today's close -

^^

As I said, it hadnt been above 348 a share for almost a month (till today) It opened at 343. I know how to use google too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    If you're still experiencing this, dl Watchdog to see if there's an app that's eating a lot of CPU cycles when it should be dormant in teh background,

Did this, didnt tell me anything. It seems everything is working correctly but something is preventing it from sleeping. I was seeing power draw at about a steady 125-150mA regardless of screen on or off.

Comment

I have current widget polling at default settings and have watchdog widget on the home screen as well set to show background process percentage, idle percentage and apps.

If.you open the widget, you can see what's in the foreground and background. If something is in the foreground that you know shouldn't be, kill it then screen off. Wait a few thescreen on to see what your draw is.

Also, what governor are you using for CPU settings?

Comment

Powersave

Comment

^^

As I said, it hadnt been above 348 a share for almost a month (till today) It opened at 343. I know how to use google too.
                          Actually, it closed at 348 on Friday. And 343? Really? What a few dollars when you're talking about AAPL (or Google)? They'll make it up tomorrow.

Comment

Actually, it closed at 348 on Friday. And 343? Really? What a few dollars when you're talking about AAPL (or Google)? They'll make it up tomorrow.
                            Whatever, I still see 343.26.

Whos gives a shit anyhow. Apple crippled the growth of the iPhone by limiting it to one shitty carrier. Make a new thread if you want to keep discussing why Apple kinda sucks.

Comment

Whos gives a shit anyhow. Apple crippled the growth of the iPhone by limiting it to one shitty carrier. Make a new thread if you want to keep discussing why Apple kinda sucks.
                              iPhone is on two carriers.

Comment

Apple doesn't suck at all. Judging by stock prices (at least since I bought in back in '04) they seem be doing things right. Say whatever you want bad about the company, but the bottom line is the bottom line. People buy what they sell.

Comment

Working...
                                X