Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Dead Redemption

Received this as a birthday present and will probably begin playing it sometime this week, possibly tonight. Any tips/tricks on it? Is it a long game or relatively short? Fun factor? etc...
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Damn good game, I enjoyed the shit out of it. I cheated and watched youtube vids to find all the treasures.
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Incredibly repetitive, but fun for the first several hours, it's more like playing a movie. Riding the horse/driving the wagon and shooting at the same time is a bit tedious.

Comment

Practice on your head shots and rolls for multiplayer.
        sigpic
        1987 Mustang LX Coupe, yes it's slow
        1985 Mustang LX Coupe, not slow

Comment

pick up undead nightmare too

Comment

it's one of the best games I've ever played. The riding/shooting mechanics take some getting used to but once you get it down you'll enjoy it. Once you get the lasso that's when the real fun starts, don't likw the way someone is talking to you? Lasso them and drag them behind your horse, lasso them and drag them into a pack of wolves, lasso then hogtie them and put them on the train tracks just freaking awesome all the way around. Couldn't have asked for a better game as far as I'm concerned.
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
              it's one of the best games I've ever played. The riding/shooting mechanics take some getting used to but once you get it down you'll enjoy it. Once you get the lasso that's when the real fun starts, don't likw the way someone is talking to you? Lasso them and drag them behind your horse, lasso them and drag them into a pack of wolves, lasso then hogtie them and put them on the train tracks just freaking awesome all the way around. Couldn't have asked for a better game as far as I'm concerned.
              you can get infinite red eye too, once you learn the trick.
              click it, aim, unclick, shoot.

there is no better cowboy/western game than this, and unfortunately since no one really does anything in this genre it will remain the top cowboy/western game for a long time. it was one of the very few games I played straight till the end and completed all the side quest. seeing the first big foot scared the shit outta me.

Comment

One of my favorite games. It's pretty long as far as games go, and fun through the entire thing. I agree with above posts that the lasso is much fun, and youtube is the way to go for most of the treasure hunts.
                .223 > 911

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Accidentally downloaded this last night and love the game so far, even though I haven't made much progress.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I just finished fallout Vegas when i picked this up. Just couldnt get into it maybe because they are similar types of games. I may revisit it at a later date.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        I just finished fallout Vegas when i picked this up. Just couldnt get into it maybe because they are similar types of games. I may revisit it at a later date.
                        I couldn't play past 5 minutes of fallout...but I have Red Dead as my favorite Xbox game to date.
                        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Grand theft pony !!!!

My copy of red dead for PS3 is for sale if anyone wants to come get it.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                          11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                          X