GT5, yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lason View Post
    As far as the speed, the damn thing spent an hour saving the cars and tracks onto the hard drive, it should load ALOT faster than that. Also alot of the problems with navigating are due to the button layout. If you beat the first race in a 3 race series, it makes you exit 2 screens to get back to the series screen then go 2 screens into the second race in order to get started. Why not add a button at the end of the first race that says "next race in series" or something similar like the do on the liscenses?

Some of those have them. I think the clubman cup has it. There is one, called something Championship, and it does have the 'next race in series' button. But if it's not a Championship, or a Cup event, it doesn't have that. I do agree that it's annoying. But it doesn't stop me from playing.

And yes, with an 8 gb data only download, it should load faster. But, it doesn't, and it still doesn't stop me from playing. Like I said earlier, I think we've reached the cap on system limits. New platforms, with much faster processors are the only thing that will fix it. But both platforms are still making money hand over fist, just with minor adjustments and rebadging, so that's not going to happen any time soon.

Has anyone noticed that there is no FI whine, at all?
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

How is the map race loading compared to forza 3?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Some of those have them. I think the clubman cup has it. There is one, called something Championship, and it does have the 'next race in series' button. But if it's not a Championship, or a Cup event, it doesn't have that. I do agree that it's annoying. But it doesn't stop me from playing.

And yes, with an 8 gb data only download, it should load faster. But, it doesn't, and it still doesn't stop me from playing. Like I said earlier, I think we've reached the cap on system limits. New platforms, with much faster processors are the only thing that will fix it. But both platforms are still making money hand over fist, just with minor adjustments and rebadging, so that's not going to happen any time soon.

Has anyone noticed that there is no FI whine, at all?
        I think its just the playstation personally. If you have ever downloaded a demo on the playstation and on the xbox 360 you will see what I mean. I have dozens of demos on my 360 but only 2 on the PS3 because its so painfully slow. I know the hardware in the playstation is superior though so it makes no sense. My only guess is its the file format of the PS3 but Im no computer expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          ouch, maybe I will stick to NFS shift for now
          Or just get a xbox and play Forza. lol
          GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

I loved the GT series. Have 1 through 4. But then i started playing forza and just have liked it alot better than GT. I havent played GT5 yet though. And no i just dont like forza cause i can paint my cars an shit. I like the performance options, engine swaps and so on. Maybe there will be a forza 4 later on lol.
            GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
              Lots of talk about it in the other thread, but no one is saying OMG WTF BBQ you have to go get it, is it a must have?

NO!

Reviews it is getting are horrible.

Comment

So far so good. Im only 12% in but I like it. The B spec sucks though.

Comment

I'm hoping my roommate buys it so I can mess around on it. I've only played GT3 and while it was fun for a while, it got to the point where I couldn't make a turn to save my life in the higher class races.
                  "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                    NO!

Reviews it is getting are horrible.
                    From who? lol
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I'm gonna buy cod:Bo instead
                      Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                        I'm gonna buy cod:Bo instead
                        I'd buy GT5 over Black Ops. IMO. I have both and i've only played BO a handful of times. GT is good if you like racing simulators. I don't like the soundtrack too much and the loading times are horrible. But the game itself is really good.

Comment

Working...
                        X