where else besides the track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where else besides the track

Basic question but i was wondering if there is a place to buy race fuel around ft. worth besides getting at the track? I dont have a place to store a full size drum but could do some small 5 gallon drums. Is there an airport that will sell av gas to someone without an aviation license?

They sell 100 octane at my local gas station. I'm in Sherman though. Good luck!

Comment

I may be incorrect, but I think aviation fuel and race fuel are not the same, something about different additives the planes need.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        I may be incorrect, but I think aviation fuel and race fuel are not the same, something about different additives the planes need.
        If you ever need 100 octane, it's at the exxon on the corner of dewey ave aka hwy 11 and hwy 56.

Comment

Well i know they have the 100ll(low lead) but the airport i called today said they wont sell it without an aviation license. I know there are some differences in the additives but if you mix with 93 it gives extra octane and doesnt really hurt anything from what i have read and previous use

Comment

My Dad mixes 100LL with 93 in his old cars with no issues so far. You need to find a smaller airport, the one he gets his from doesn't even have a staffed office. He just pulls up, puts in his credit card and fills up his gas cans lol.

Comment

We sell Torco 108 at work. Lonestar Performance also carries various different race fuels.
              Scott Ganow
              Lone Star Performance
              16300 Midway Rd
              Addison, TX 75001
              214-630-5006

Comment

We sell vp race fuel but are in sherman area as well.
                903-870-8109

Thank you:
                2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                Chris Fowler for the motor work
                TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                  If you ever need 100 octane, it's at the exxon on the corner of dewey ave aka hwy 11 and hwy 56.
                  They've had it there for quiet some time now, Van Alstyne Exxon carries it as well I believe or used to.

Several guys I know used to get aviation fuel from Gainesville airport years ago.

Comment

00KBGT where do you work and how much does it run?

Comment

Now that i know i can get it in sherman, next time im through there ill bring a gas can or two

Comment

Motorsport Sales
                        Is where we get our race fuels for the Kart track. I have seen lots of 5 gal. containers to 55 gal. drums from him.
                        I just can't think of his name , Damn it. Frances I think.
                        Think hes out of Ft. Worth but he also delivers to the track.
                        Last edited by Kart21; 01-31-2014, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Kart he is off of TI blvd in dallas. Thats closer than sherman and ill keep him in mind. Anyone ever get an from smileys? I know they sell dirt and kart stuff just wondering if they sell fuel too. Looked on their site but only shows fuel additives and smells. Wondering if anyone has first hand experience

Comment

21st Century Muscle Cars in Addison. I'm not sure the exact price, but I want to say about $15 per gallon. The Torco shit is EXPENSIVE!
                            Scott Ganow
                            Lone Star Performance
                            16300 Midway Rd
                            Addison, TX 75001
                            214-630-5006

Comment

Wow. I would much rather buy it from the track at that price.

Comment

Working...
                              X