1000 military vehicles moving through Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 military vehicles moving through Dallas

Just saw a thousand or so military vehicles roll through the NE Dallas area headed out toward Garland on the Kansas City Southern train. It took the train over 15 minutes to roll past. Saw both camo and desert colors. Humvees, deuce and a half trucks, tanks, etc. no markings, no numbers, flags, nothing indicating US military. Machine guns mounted...and normally I wouldn't think much of it, except these vehicles had machine guns mounted. Was wondering why this could be. Hoping Forever Frost or someone who drives a choo choo might be able to shed some light on why these are rolling through guns and all.

Originally posted by Fastback View Post
    Just saw a thousand or so military vehicles roll through the NE Dallas area headed out toward Garland on the Kansas City Southern train. It took the train over 15 minutes to roll past. Saw both camo and desert colors. Humvees, deuce and a half trucks, tanks, etc. no markings, no numbers, flags, nothing indicating US military. Machine guns mounted...and normally I wouldn't think much of it, except these vehicles had machine guns mounted. Was wondering why this could be. Hoping Forever Frost or someone who drives a choo choo might be able to shed some light on why these are rolling through guns and all.
    Vehicles on trains with weapons systems in place? Like 240B? Seems highly strange.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

following...that seems strange...any pictures?
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Are you sure about mounted weapons? Small arms generally travel with their respective unit.

The 1st Armored Division is currently replacing the 1st Cav in Iraq. They'd be bringing a bunch of tanks with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
          following...that seems strange...any pictures?
          Originally posted by BP View Post
          Are you sure about mounted weapons? Small arms generally travel with their respective unit.

The 1st Armored Division is currently replacing the 1st Cav in Iraq. They'd be bringing a bunch of tanks with them.
          It was this morning, though technically more like the middle of the night. I have a few pictures, but it was so dad-gummed dark, can't make out much. Give me a couple minutes, I'll try and post what I've got.

Comment

jade helm
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Comment

I've seen that a few times this year rolling parallel to 78 in Sachse, stopping traffic as it passes over GBT. Couple hundred Abrams and Bradley's and their support vehicles. Figured they were headed to Ft Hood, no biggie.

Comment

These may have been from Ft. Hood. They were headed northeast.

Comment

Comment

Ah, the ones I saw were headed south.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad
                        [insert tinfoil hat craft here]
                        You think Jade Helm didn't happen at War-mart ? It did.

But, in this case, I am thinking this may be part of a rapid build-up against Russia.

Rapid-deployment exercise tests USAREUR emergency-response systems, APS sites

Soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, depart for training after a flight to Nuremberg Airport, Germany on May 16th, 2017. The battalion, which flew to Germany on short notice as part of an Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise, will be using equipment from Army Prepositioned Stock sites during follow-on training in Bavaria.
                        NICHOLAS VIDRO/U.S. ARMY
                        Email Print Reddit Tweet Share Google More
                        By DAN STOUTAMIRE | STARS AND STRIPES
                        Published: May 17, 2017

WIESBADEN, Germany — U.S. Army Europe will be making use of its prepositioned equipment to allow Fort Carson-based 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment, to participate in live-fire exercises at Grafenwoehr Training Area this month.

The light infantry battalion recently completed an Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise from its home base in Colorado, arriving at two U.S. air bases in Germany over the past several days. Now, it will move east to Bavaria where it will take part in a variety of training events before returning home in roughly a month, said USAREUR’s lead planner for the exercise, Lt. Col. Robert Gunther.

“You don’t just deploy somebody someplace and then turn around and send them right back because it’s a waste of money and not a good use of training resources,” he said of the decision to send the unit to Grafenwoehr.

A High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) and two military ambulances from the 2nd Battalion, 12th Infantry Regiment depart in a convoy from Nuremberg Airport, Germany on May 16, 2017. The light infantry unit recently completed an Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise to Germany and is moving to Grafenwoehr Training Area for follow-on exercises over the next month.
                        NICHOLAS VIDRO/U.S. ARMY

The additional time also represents an opportunity. While EDREs are commonplace Army-wide, this one affords European-based units to test their systems for a potential real-world crises in which large numbers of U.S.-based troops need to transported to the continent rapidly and moved eastward.

The stockpiles of heavy equipment, vehicles and tanks — or Army Prepositioned Stocks (APS) — at depots in Eygelshoven in the Netherlands and Duelmen in Germany, look set to be a major part of that effort.

“Theoretically the Army could send a unit over — just soldiers and their personal weapons, fall in on (heavy) equipment, sign for them and move out,” Gunther said.

Comment

A lot of those look like M-113s which would be heading to a recycling facility somewhere.

Comment

How would you like the military to move their vehicles around?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              How would you like the military to move their vehicles around?
                              scattered, smothered and covered.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X