Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hardly anyone I know will answer their phones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardly anyone I know will answer their phones!

Hardly anyone I know will answer their phones! Regardless if it's a call or a text message. I swear they are call screening because when you see them in person they have the damn cell glued to their face. It's damn irritating getting a call back 10 to 24 hours later. Maybe I just know too many self absorbed, selfish people! I hate to do it but it's time to delete these people.

Have you ever had someone tell you that when they are with their family they can't be bothered?

they don't like you.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I for one do not like voice calls, they're so yesterday. If it's someone I have listed on my contact list I'll of course answer it, but I'd still prefer text in most (but not all) cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        they don't like you.
        yeah they only need me to barrow shit

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          I for one do not like voice calls, they're so yesterday. If it's someone I have listed on my contact list I'll of course answer it, but I'd still prefer text in most (but not all) cases.
          I try to send a text first and say Hey Call Me if you're not busy.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
            I try to send a text first and say Hey Call Me if you're not busy.
            Yup, good policy.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              yeah they only need me to barrow shit
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I think it's more appropriate to respond back with a hey I'm busy then ignoring the person! Just seems lack of manners

Comment

My friend has auto reply

"I'm driving can't talk right now "

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    they don't like you.
                    x2

Comment

If I know the caller I'll usually answer, but if I'm in the middle of something, I'm sorry but you will have to wait. Just because I now have a cell phone on my person at all times doesn't mean I'm available at all times.

If I'm out having fun, working on something, or even just in the middle of a face to face conversation, phone calls are secondary and not my priority. I carry a cell phone for my own convenience, not every one else's..

I also RARELY have my ringer on (keep it in vibrate mostly) so many times I just don't hear or feel the call or text. It really bugs me when out in public and people's goddamn phones are dinging or ringing constantly. I don't want to hear your shit, so I don't make you listen to mine.

I do check my phone periodically, usually at least once an hour, to see if I have missed any calls or messages.. Texts are always the best way to get in touch with me. But even then, if it's not urgent and I'm busy doing something else, I will get back to you later.

Again, I keep my cell phone for my convenience, not yours.

At the same time, I also don't get pissed if someone doesn't respond to me right away, or answer my every call.

Comment

You're probably one of those cocksuckers that will call, hang up, and call back 35 times in a row. Look, window licker... If I don't answer, I'm fucking busy. Hanging up and immediately calling me back is NOT going to compel me to answer the fucking phone the second, fourth, or 15th time you do it. Get fucked.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I prefer text. When I get a phone call it's usually bullshit I find more appropriate to answer at my leisure.

The only time I expect to have to answer a phone is if it's an emergency situation. If you're calling and I answer you better explain the problem in 30 seconds or less. It's hard to understand everyone over the phone, and it greases my screen up.

I have att and reception sucks in mckinney and in my job in the colony.

If cellular providers showed a map of signal strength in every town I would switch immediately. I don't care if I had to go to metro pcs

Comment

Comment

Phone calls for me are second to what I am doing especially if I am in a conversation with someone. If I even hear it ring, I hate even interrupting the conversation to look down and turn it off. But depending on who is more important, guy in front of me or guy on the phone will also dictate if I answer or mute.

If I mute and it is important, they can send me a text to call them.

When I am home I am pretty good at answering if I know who it is. If I don't know the number, leave a message. You might be a bill collector.

On the same topic, I hate talking on the phone with work folks. Send me a fucking email or message through our email service. Only person I want to talk to work related over the phone is my boss in the States. And even then I hate calling him. I send him an email (goes to his phone) with what I want in the subject line "call me" "can you talk?" "I quit" etc. Shit since I can't text him from Africa, we have full on conversations through email subject lines like a text message.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X