• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a a bad ass build.
    1995 Cobra #404
    1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
    1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

I was able to get the front cab mounts made this evening.

A whole bunch of parts that we need forthe controls, firewall, and intercooler/radiator fabrication also showed up.
      Last edited by NoClassic; 05-03-2016, 07:55 PM.

Comment

The bed makes it! Very nice build.

Comment

The turbo outlet elbow showed up so I threw it on along with the stock downpipe. Surprisingly it fits really well which will save a good bit of exhaust fabrication time. I need to decide what to do about the exhaust outlet. I always thought stacks were stupid but with the utility body and the pipe run through one of the storage compartments with a short outlet on the box top it may be cool.

This weekend we will get the front body work mounts done and do the necessary mods to the floor pan for the new mount locations. going to drill some new holes in the pan crossmembers and sleeve them.

Comment

I got the front body mounts worked out and started on the intercooler, condenser, and radiator today.

The intercooler core is undersized but is the largest I could fit without spending a good amount on a custom unit or hacking up the inner fender liners for the OEM dodge. Unfortunately there was not enough room to fit the mechanical fan so one from a Taurus I have is going on. It does fit the radiator pretty well so that is good.

It also looks like we lucked out with the bed as the existing holes line up and allow us to use the long bolts and C-plates/clamps that held it to the IH chassis.

Comment

I finished up all of the heat exchanger mounting and pulled the cab last week to complete all of the metal work on it. I am not really happy with how far forward I had to push the intercooler but there was really no other option other than an air to water. I need to find a couple of the IH grill trim piece to cover the areas I had to cut out.

With the cab off I strengthened the firewall and mounted the hydroboost unit along with cutting the column and making its firewall support flange.

I also picked up a full set of the V code superduty leaf springs which we will be installing. Apparently they have a much softer spring rate and should bring the ride height down a bit. With how we had to mount the body I feel like its just too tall with the tires we are using.

Comment

This is awesome and moving right along
                Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

This is looking pretty damn beastly. I like it.

Was that old truck in the background in Forney recently. It looks a lot like a truck rolling around here.

Comment

I dont think my dad had any reason to be out that way with the truck. Chevy made a ton of the AD pickups so likely just another build.

Comment

I was away for work the past couple weeks so nothing was done on the truck. Yesterday I was able to finish the necessary changes to the floor for the new cab mount locations. Nothing worth getting images of but basically we just had to drill new holes in the cab crossbeams and sleeve them like the original locations.

I also finished up fitting and tacking in the half hemisphere for exhaust manifold clearance at the firewall.

Next the cab goes back on so we can compress the body mounts to check for final fitment. We will also work out the running board to chassis mounts at the same time.

Comment

We put the cab on the chassis one last time and everything looks good. It is off again and this week I had a chance to work on the firewall. The area in the high middle of the firewall is covered by a cowl vent panel so dont mind the less than perfect finishing. Next is going to be a small repair to the passenger floor and a strengthening /adapter plate for the clutch pedal and master.

Comment

We finally got back to working on this. Pulled everything off the chassis last week and its being sent for media blasting in the next few day. Modified a harbor freight stand to hold the engine by the passenger side mount location. My Dad is getting it cleaned up so we can tear it down for a re-seal and head swap.

I am working on patching a small area in the passenger floorboard over the weekend and will media blast some areas with the pressure pot setup we have at home. I hope to be able to paint the chassis, firewall, and under side of the cab by the end of the month.

Comment

The frame came back from blasting and we painted it today. I think we should be able to get the cab repairs completed and the first coat of primer on it by next week.

Comment

nice! thats alot of work

Comment

Yeah I always tell myself I wont do any of this again, but it keeps happening. I forgot we also took the axles to be rebuild this morning. If I can find the time the NV4500 is going to Standard Gear next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X