Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when it rains, it pours.

This month isnt treating me well.

My polaris pump motor locked up, and it's been so wet I dont want to be in the mud changing it.

The microwave took a shit, wife and I are currently debating on another counter top unit or upgrading to an over the stove style. She's leaning twards the cheaper and easier counter top style, so we'll likely compromise and do it her way.

The fan motor on our a/c went out, I replaced it, now it looks like the compressor is going out, and we'll need to replace it, along with the outside unit and inside coils to the new r410 or whatever. Thanks a lot obama.

I stayed home with my daughter yesterday since she has the flu. Wife stayed with her monday, and the MIL today. They are teachers and only have a day or two left to take off this school year (only weeks left for them)

and last night, someone decided that my sub and amp in my truck needed to be theirs more than it needed to be mine.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Sorry to hear you're down on your luck. Keep your head up...tomrrow will be a better day! :knock on wood:

Comment

Originally posted by SVTNorthTexas View Post
      Sorry to hear you're down on your luck. Keep your head up...tomrrow will be a better day! :knock on wood:
      oh Im just venting. Im pretty much used to life throwing everything and the kitchen sink at me, and I keep my head up. When it all comes at one time, it makes it more difficult. It's not as bad as it could be, mostly first world problems. This isnt nearly as bad as broke and homes was.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Damn DJ! That all blows, you going to claim the truck on insurance? What is the plan for the AC? I paid out over 6k 2 years ago for mine to be reworked.

Comment

Yeah, I feel you, man. One of our house AC units went out, and was 17 years old, so it had to be completely replaced. Shelf in the garage fell off the wall onto my car. Stupid mowing crew mowed over four sprinkler heads that hadn't fully retracted, so had to get those replaced out of my own pocket because there's no way to prove they did it. Just a bunch of shit that all seems to fail at once.

Comment

Just get a compressor and buy some 22 off the black market. Find the leak and you will be back in bidness

Comment

Buck up, cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
                Damn DJ! That all blows, you going to claim the truck on insurance? What is the plan for the AC? I paid out over 6k 2 years ago for mine to be reworked.
                I think im just going to pick up a pair of 10's somewhere and keep rocking. Ive got another amp that was slated for the 69, it'll work in the truck though. They dicked up the drivers door at the top of the skin pulling it back to slim jim it, and scratched it. I put in an email to Tony this morning, though Im now leaning towards not filing a claim.

The a/c guys paul sent me to came right out and "fixed" it for now, replaced the bad capacitor that was causing the immediate issue. I pretty much knew we needed to replace that unit for the last couple years, but kept it limping along. They quoted 3800 for the new stuff installed, and it seems pretty reasonable from what I can tell.

Comment

I discovered not 1, but 2 leaking water heaters in my house yesterday.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

That sucks man.

Feels like it's been pouring on me for the last 3 years.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Damn, that sucks DJ.

I've been looking for a house for over 2-years and I finally decided to buy new. All of the homes that were older, had issues. Older homes had nice shade tress, but the sidewalks, decks, driveways and even the house's had foundation issues. Anything electrical was old and making weird noises. Most needed paint and upgrades, so just decided that we needed to start fresh with warranties.

Good luck broskin...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

That sucks DJ- hope things get better soon

Comment

White people problems, the thieves should die though.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                            White people problems, the thieves should die though.
                            Truth.

Anyone got any 10s?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              Truth.

Anyone got any 10s?
                              Yes. 8's, 10's, 12's and I think a few 15's, amps as well. Market Hall this Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X