Front License Plate Law.... LEO's inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front License Plate Law.... LEO's inside

Another thread mentioned some recent changes... I googled it and saw where the punishment portion of the recently approved bill was inadvertently left out. IOW, it's against the law, but because the penalty isn't identified, it's pretty much unenforceable. Would any of the LEO's on the board care to elaborate on how the different departments in the area are treating it? I just bought a new car and want to know the law before I mount up these new plates that are on the way. Thanks....

I believe it was osiris who posted they have a law that says basically, "oh if we left anything out or there are any loop holes, we can stick it to you with this law". Just worded better

Comment

Don't put it on that fucking 5.0 you just got! And yes it's technically unenforceable at the moment.

Comment

Check here:

Comment

Wasn't me! Our PD doesn't enforce it right now.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            I believe it was osiris who posted they have a law that says basically, "oh if we left anything out or there are any loop holes, we can stick it to you with this law". Just worded better
            TRANSPORTATION CODETITLE 7.

VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

SUBTITLE A. CERTIFICATES OF TITLE AND REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES

CHAPTER 520. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Sec. 520.036. GENERAL PENALTY. (a) A person commits an offense if the person violates this subchapter in a manner for which a specific penalty is not provided.(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $200.
            Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

So, if the language for punishment was omitted, this statute can fill in where it was left out.

Comment

Apparently if you piss in a DPS's cup of coffee he'll write you a ticket for it. Other then that, you'll be good. I've been pulled over twice so far in the cobra and they haven't even mentioned not having a FLP. One in Keller and one in Watagua.

Comment

DPS has let me off about 3-4 times but Lewisville cited me for it! I'm still not putting it on my car. FTP!

Comment

state troopers don't like the windshield mounted plates apparently.....lol
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I just went to the tax office last week and got new plates for my son's truck.

When she handed me the plates, I should have handed both plates to her and told her according to the new law, all I need is the windshield sticker...

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                      DPS has let me off about 3-4 times but Lewisville cited me for it! I'm still not putting it on my car. FTP!
                      You hardened criminal you!

Comment

That means that if a cop wants to, he can fine you for...

walking down the street with an untied shoelace?

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        TRANSPORTATION CODETITLE 7.

VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC

SUBTITLE A. CERTIFICATES OF TITLE AND REGISTRATION OF VEHICLES

CHAPTER 520. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Sec. 520.036. GENERAL PENALTY. (a) A person commits an offense if the person violates this subchapter in a manner for which a specific penalty is not provided.(b) An offense under this section is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $50 and not more than $200.
                        Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

So, if the language for punishment was omitted, this statute can fill in where it was left out.
                        www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Front LP

If you have a newer model car with no plate in the front dont worry about it. If your rolling around at 3 am in a piece of crap, your probably gonna get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by theminch View Post
                            If you have a newer model car with no plate in the front dont worry about it. If your rolling around at 3 am in a piece of crap, your probably gonna get stopped.
                            What is with you and this three AM thing? I can tell you are a pretty dim bulb and all, but that type of logic is really far down on the scale. Even for someone that can only tie his own jackboot laces.
                            Im looking forward to my nightly harrassment, getting off work at 2am, driving my 30yr old car.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              That means that if a cop wants to, he can fine you for...

walking down the street with an untied shoelace?
                              Wut ...

Trooper pulled me over last Saturday for no.front plate and 74 in a 70 on the new 190.

I guess they're.trying to remind people its still 70 there. Warnings.on both BTW.
                              2014 GT
                              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Working...
                              X