The last Descent/ John Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Of course I do stupid stuff that risks my safety...but its gonna involve speed. Just scrape whats left of me off the track and resume. No need for an entire crew. /s
    You should check out "Uppity" on Netflix. Documentary (produced by Adam Carolla) about Willy T. Ribbs - first black guy to qualify for Indy. Lots of great footage, inteviews, etc. His commentary on his last qualifying lap after a bunch of other bullshit :

I put my left foot on top of my right foot. I said 'This is the way it's gonna be.' If I crash this motherfucker that's how they're gonna find my fucking feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      You should check out "Uppity" on Netflix. Documentary (produced by Adam Carolla) about Willy T. Ribbs - first black guy to qualify for Indy. Lots of great footage, inteviews, etc. His commentary on his last qualifying lap after a bunch of other bullshit :
      I'll definitely have to check that out.

On a related note....the Senna documentary is one of the shows that changed my perspective on dying in that manner. They specifically mention that he died doing what he loved up to the very final second.

Comment

What a hard way to go.

Great read, sad. Lots of caves here in TN. And sinkholes everywhere. There's a big sinkhole next to me that I'm certain you could go in, but I'm not trying to die that way

Comment

Jesus, that was terrible to read. I was super uncomfortable reading that.

Been through caves in Colorado, but never had the desire to deep dive. Creepy as hell that his body is still just there.

Comment

Well, I say that was pretty fucking stupid to crawl into a small crack deep underground...

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              Well, I say that was pretty fucking stupid to crawl into a small crack deep underground...
              Bitch you almost died riding your goped in the snow. Don't pretend like youre above dying from some stupid shit just because the park rangers saved you.

Comment

Bitch you almost died riding your goped in the snow. Don't pretend like youre above dying from some stupid shit just because the park rangers saved you.
                I am sorry, but that shit is fucking hilarious!!!

He is a good rider, I have rode with him, if he got stuck it was bad

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                  I am sorry, but that shit is fucking hilarious!!!

He is a good rider, I have rode with him, if he got stuck it was bad
                  Haha I just like to give him shit because he knows how to have fun with it.

Comment

Making a hobby of crawling into a tiny tunnel in the ground is begging to die young.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Havent' seen it, but recently read a long article from the Salt Lake Tribune about it:

part 1: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/...utty-i-really/
                      part 2: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/...ty-were-going/

Fuck a bunch of that.
                      My son woke me up at 4. After reading this and watching the movie this morning I'm now 100% sure I don't want to die that way.

Comment

Here is some nightmare fuel

Comment

ahahahahahaha!!!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

forest rangers saved you.
                            Beats a long hike down the mountain!

Comment

Havent' seen it, but recently read a long article from the Salt Lake Tribune about it:

part 1: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/...utty-i-really/
                              part 2: https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/07/...ty-were-going/

Fuck a bunch of that.
                              Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                              Here is some nightmare fuel
                              [some real terrible shit]
                              I went on a deep dive (sure, pun intended) into this after seeing Matt's post, watching the movie, and just generally realizing I'm far more claustrophobic than originally thought. I'm surprised they didn't try the leg break and risk the shock, instead of just leaving him in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                                I went on a deep dive (sure, pun intended) into this after seeing Matt's post, watching the movie, and just generally realizing I'm far more claustrophobic than originally thought. I'm surprised they didn't try the leg break and risk the shock, instead of just leaving him in there.
                                The article I read said he died before they could try it.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X