No announcement yet.

Front License Plate Law.... LEO's inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn.. I guess I will finally put the front plate on Suburban.

Comment

I'm still not putting a front plate on the caddy.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        I thought you were more intelligent than that.
        I think he was in the Who's who of High School students as "most intelligent".
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          You're just a damn riot!

Thank God I didn't mention I was the debate team captain.....

Comment

Another problem with this is that a most of the lots don't title the vehicle. If you stop the car and the driver gives you a lot insurance card, and the registration comes back to last Joe Blow owner, then it isn't covered. I'll even go so far as to ask for a bill of sale, and I have never had one person produce one.
            I don't have to transfer them, no dealer does, we just assign the title and then transfer it. If I am rolling a dealer plate or agent tag, then it wouldn't come up registered to the last joe blow, it will come up registered to my car lot.

Yea, that never happens.....
            It's supposed to. Any time it goes into a dealer, we are required to remove the registration and the sticker. Dealers that don't are double dealing, trying to sell as an individual and a dealer.

Comment

lol

Thank God I didn't mention I was the debate team captain.....
              I can't imagine "look in the mirror" arguments ever got you very far. Ennis must have had a pretty shitty debate team.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I don't have to transfer them, no dealer does, we just assign the title and then transfer it. If I am rolling a dealer plate or agent tag, then it wouldn't come up registered to the last joe blow, it will come up registered to my car lot..
                Nine times out of ten they still have the tags that the previous owner had.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                It's supposed to. Any time it goes into a dealer, we are required to remove the registration and the sticker. Dealers that don't are double dealing, trying to sell as an individual and a dealer.
                I know, but it rarely happens, in my personal experience.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

I can't imagine "look in the mirror" arguments ever got you very far. Ennis must have had a pretty shitty debate team.

God forbid one of my sarcastic comments actually gets understood by you trolls.

Comment

1. My prior No Front Plate tickets were always much more than $80
                    2. If it is so fucking important to have a front plate my car would have lights on the front bumper that lights it up..... like the back, because it sure as fuck is against the law to have a license plate lamp out.

Comment

Nine times out of ten they still have the tags that the previous owner had.

I know, but it rarely happens, in my personal experience.
                      I guess that happens in the hood more often, or they arent lisenced dealers?

The cars at the auction dont even have plates on them, so I would assume that you are finding some shady people, and not shady dealers?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                        1. My prior No Front Plate tickets were always much more than $80
                        2. If it is so fucking important to have a front plate my car would have lights on the front bumper that lights it up..... like the back, because it sure as fuck is against the law to have a license plate lamp out.
                        1. Must have been stopped in Plano!
                        2. Hmmm, may have to lobby for this change.......

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                        I guess that happens in the hood more often, or they arent lisenced dealers?

The cars at the auction dont even have plates on them, so I would assume that you are finding some shady people, and not shady dealers?
                        Yea, most are small dealers that do this. I've never had a car from say, Grapevine Ford, or any other major dealership have issues.

Most of the time they are dealers off of E. Lancaster or Jacksboro Hwy, just for example.

Comment

Another problem with this is that a most of the lots don't title the vehicle. If you stop the car and the driver gives you a lot insurance card, and the registration comes back to last Joe Blow owner, then it isn't covered. I'll even go so far as to ask for a bill of sale, and I have never had one person produce one.
                          I could be wrong, but I think you and JC316 are talking about 2 different things. It looks like he is talking about a dealer plate (actual license plate) that he places on dealership owned cars in order to drive them. In that case you would run the plate and it would come back to his dealership.

Sounds like you are talking about temp tags issued by the dealership, or the old plate that was still on the car.

Comment

1. Must have been stopped in Plano!
                            2. Hmmm, may have to lobby for this change.......

Yea, most are small dealers that do this. I've never had a car from say, Grapevine Ford, or any other major dealership have issues.

Most of the time they are dealers off of E. Lancaster or Jacksboro Hwy, just for example.
                            I do checkouts on cars my buddy buys at auction and test drive them before I even look to see that there isnt a plate at all on the back. It makes me nervious since Venus is a bunch of reserve or volinteer cops that like to throw it out that they are the law....
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              I could be wrong, but I think you and JC316 are talking about 2 different things. It looks like he is talking about a dealer plate (actual license plate) that he places on dealership owned cars in order to drive them. In that case you would run the plate and it would come back to his dealership.

Sounds like you are talking about temp tags issued by the dealership, or the old plate that was still on the car.
                              Most of my contacts are with dealers (or their car jockeys) that run with the normal (old) tags on the car.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              I do checkouts on cars my buddy buys at auction and test drive them before I even look to see that there isnt a plate at all on the back. It makes me nervious since Venus is a bunch of reserve or volinteer cops that like to throw it out that they are the law....
                              You had better be careful of Venus and respect their authoritah!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X