Judge orders that $1 million be returned to dancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge orders that $1 million be returned to dancer

LINCOLN — A federal judge has ordered the government to return more than $1 million seized in a traffic stop to a California woman — plus interest.

Tasha Mishra of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., sued earlier this year after Nebraska officials seized the $1,074,900 in cash that she said was her life savings earned from years as an exotic dancer.

U.S. District Judge Joseph Bataillon said in an opinion this week that government lawyers failed to prove the money was connected to illegal drugs, as it had claimed.

Two people in the car were released without charges, but officers kept the money, saying a police dog indicated drug residue on the cash.

The Xfinity Discovery Hub is your resource for Xfinity product news, technology education, and more. Learn about TV, internet, home security, and more.

Good, fuck them.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
      Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.,

Comment

A million in cash? Who is that, duh wayne's old lady?

Good for her. I am curious about the details on that interest portion.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Wait til the IRS hears about that. I'm sure she reported it all. lol

Comment

that's a lot of 1's

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              No shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                I'm sure she'll have investment statements that back up years of solid returns and growth ... Given that she's a stripper carrying a million in cash in a car.
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Drug residue, on a stripper's life savings. Color me shocked.

Even if she's never done a drug in her life... What element does that industry attract? Are these officers fucking oblivious?
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

As big as the drug culture is, I'll bet some of the 10-12 bills in my wallet have "drug residue" on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                      I'll bet some of the 1000-1200 bills in my wallet have "drug residue" on them.
                      Come on man, this is dfwm.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        As big as the drug culture is, I'll bet some of the 10-12 bills in my wallet have "drug residue" on them.
                        Someone did a study in 2009, and 90% of circulating cash had cocaine residue on it. 90%. I'm really surprised that cops haven't started seizing cash from every person they come in contact with.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Come on man, this is dfwm.
                          Truth!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Someone did a study in 2009, and 90% of circulating cash had cocaine residue on it. 90%. I'm really surprised that cops haven't started seizing cash from every person they come in contact with.
                            Which is scary if they picked that girl up based on that. Hell, if that's the standard, we're all open game.

Comment

I was about to ask which railroad she worked for and then it said exotic dancer. That is a lot of money for an exotic dancer. I wonder if she has managed to get to the next rung on the ladder, IE a cow skin rug?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X