No announcement yet.

WTF Happened to Dickey's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to really like the one on 114 and MacArthur, but last time I went, they no longer offered the 3-meat plate, the portions got much smaller, and the price seems to have gone up. It was damn near $30 for me and my old lady to eat enough to make a turd. Haven't been back since.

Comment

the only decent Dickey's is the one off 75&Henderson/Knox in Dallas. I think that is the originial one...not sure tho. Only reason i go it because I get free sandwich coupons every now and then.

Comment

The one on 380 in Crossroads that doubles as a gas station has a pretty big smoker outside it. It's alright at best. Rudy's is pretty good but I generally prefer mom and pop type local BBQ joints.
        2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

That place has always fucking sucked.
          -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
          -1993 Cobra- 700rw
          -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
          -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
          -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

We had one here for 6 months. The last 4 months had maybe 20 customers total. I believe those were out of towners.

We already have established BBQ joints in town, with real smokers, so when that shit hit folks flocked to it because it was new. When people quit eating partway through the meal, you know it's teh suxors.

Comment

No such thing as a good BBQ chain.

Comment

ni66a you know your spot in dallas... go down there and get you some!

I had it last friday!

"Mike Andersons"
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

That place sucks
                  On a side note ive been meaning to go to main bbq in euless, all you can eat bbq.

Comment

Mmmm BBQ. I could go for some now, but it's been a while since I went out to eat some. I use to like Bakers Ribs, Bone Daddy's, or even Red Hot & Blue back in the day. I'm not sure how these places are now. Any places in the North Dallas area that are a hit everytime?

Comment

Imma Soulman's kinda guy myself or Bakers Ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        All the older locations do use actual smokers. And there is certainly better BBQ out there, but if you go to an older location (like the one on Forrest and I think it's at Webb Chapel), it's ok and not near as bad as all these new, condensed locations like you see in strip centers and gas stations.
                        The one on henderson is the best imo.

Comment

It has been a couple of years since I have been to Dickey's. Granted, it has never been the best BBQ, but it will do in a pinch. Until now. I don't believe I've ever had the displeasure to taste BBQ as bad as the shit that was served to me today. The meat didn't even look smoked and tasted like plastic. Good BBQ doesn't need a lot of sauce, if any. This shit had to take a bath in it. The turkey was edible, but how hard is it to mess up a pre-cooked butterball turkey? The sides were disappointing. Baked Potato Casserole was nothing but mashed potatoes with cheese on top and the green beans lacked flavor. When I visited this establishment, I was one of two people in the store. Now I see why. What I want to know is what the hell happened? I'm not the only person who has had a horrible experience lately.

Someone from Dickey's sent me an e-mail today and I forgot to copy/paste what I originally wrote.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                          X