WTF Happened to Dickey's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Happened to Dickey's?

They've never been the best BBQ, but they'll do in a pinch... until now.

The first time I've been in over 2 years, but this shit just flat out sucks now. I'm not sure that this shit was even smoked. The brisket looks like it was steamed and tastes like fucking plastic.

Oh well, at least the pickles were ok.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

We went for the first time ever last weekend. It was borderline disgraceful. And disgraceful describes all aspects, price, service, food, and cleanliness. That was our first and last visit.

Comment

I drink my cocktails out of dickey's cups. That said, their BBQ is shitty.

Comment

Only a few Dickies make the homeade chili, the one in Plano east does and thats the only thing i go in there for during the winter. Other than that they all pretty much suck. And have for quite sometime too.

<----Rudys for the muthufuckin win.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
          We went for the first time ever last weekend. It was borderline disgraceful. And disgraceful describes all aspects, price, service, food, and cleanliness. That was our first and last visit.
          ~$15 for two shitty, small portions of meat and two shitty sides. I'm not going back and plan to type up a nice e-mail to them. I guess I should have maybe taken the hint when I walked in the door at 19:15 and not a single soul was in sight aside from the employees.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            ~$15 for two shitty, small portions of meat and two shitty sides. I'm not going back and plan to type up a nice e-mail to them. I guess I should have maybe taken the hint when I walked in the door at 19:15 and not a single soul was in sight aside from the employees.
            That was what was worst about our experience. The place had been packed just before we got there because many were leaving having eaten already. But that didn't stop the staff from cleaning anything, no one was bothering to clean up ANY of the tables that had already left. I'm talking at least 10 tables just sitting there with shit everywhere, and when we left those tables still hadn't been touched. We almost had no where to sit because of the effing mess, and had we not already paid for everything by the time I realized how bad the dining room was we would have just walked the F out. So, I'm guessing either all those people that were there like getting ripped the F off or they have no clue as to what good barbeque is, or even what mediocre barbeque is. The food was bland, no smokey flavor, and the portion was tiny in comparison to what good barbeque restaurants serve. Granted if the price would have been $6-7 a plate I wouldn't have complained about the portion, but not for $14-15 a plate. They were also out of half the sides that they advertised having.

Comment

This is what happens when you try to become too big too fast, and franchise anyone with a pulse, and cut 50+% out of your package cost.

And if it's a newish store (newer than about 7 yrs old), no, it's not a smoker.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

There is definitely no consistency in the quality or taste of the food between locations. I generally don't eat there because I tried one and thought it was shit, but sometimes my work will order in from the local Dickey's and the bbq was really good and the brisket had actually been smoked.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  There is definitely no consistency in the quality or taste of the food between locations. I generally don't eat there because I tried one and thought it was shit, but sometimes my work will order in from the local Dickey's and the bbq was really good and the brisket had actually been smoked.
                  All the older locations do use actual smokers. And there is certainly better BBQ out there, but if you go to an older location (like the one on Forrest and I think it's at Webb Chapel), it's ok and not near as bad as all these new, condensed locations like you see in strip centers and gas stations.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I think the Dickies opened up here 3 or so years ago, I have yet to eat there once. When I was working in NRH I would eat at the one in Hurst from time to time, but I just go sausage which is kind of hard to screw up.

Comment

went there today cuz i was craving bbq got a rib plate and I only got 3 freaking ribs in it!!!

Comment

Dickeys is hit AND miss. Sometimes I go and the brisket is edible, other times I wouldn't feed it to my dogs. When the brisket is good, the sides are usually NASTY. I've never had good brisket and good sides at the same time. Half the time i geta piece of deckle that wasn't smoked and its just a stringy mess of fat on my plate.

Last time I went the guy cut off the fat cap and proceeded to put the chopped fat on a bun for me. I walked out.

Comment

It's Texas, people. Good BBQ is never too far away. No reason to even bother with Dickey's.
                          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

You probably went to that crappy one in The Colony inside the gas station.
                            Fuck that place either way, gas and beer prices there are ridiculous.

The only time i ever go to Dickeys now is when they have those 99 cent sandwiches.
                            Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                            Your opinion is what sucks.
                            You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                              It's Texas, people. Good BBQ is never too far away. No reason to even bother with Dickey's.
                              This.

Comment

Working...
                              X